James T. Seery focuses his practice on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. Mr. Seery’s experience includes public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, acquisitions of public and private entities and special committee representation. He has extensive experience counseling underwriters and issuers seeking to raise capital through alternative structures, including at-the-market (ATM) transactions. Mr. Seery has advised clients in ATM transactions in a variety of industry sectors, including automotive, aviation, banking, energy, life sciences, minerals and mining, real estate (including REITs), telecommunications and technology.
In addition, Mr. Seery represents lenders and borrowers, including banks, in secured and unsecured financings. He also acts as counsel to clients handling corporate matters, including employment and option agreements, licensing agreements, joint ventures and other corporate transactions.
Mr. Seery is a 1990 graduate of Rutgers University School of Law and a 1984 cum laude graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Areas of Practice
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, B.S., Economics and Finance, cum laude, 1984
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2016-present
- LeClair Ryan
- Shareholder, 2010-2016
- DLA Piper
- Partner, 1999-2010
- Thelen, Reid & Priest
- Partner/Associate, 1995-1999
- Robinson, St. John & Wayne
- Associate, 1990-1995
Honors and Awards
Rated as Highly Regarded for Capital Markets and M&A by IFLR1000, 2019-2021
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Civic and Charitable Activities
Trustee and Secretary, Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- Represented AGP/Alliance Global Partners Inc., a wealth management firm, in a $36 million registered direct public offering of common stock and warrants for U.S. cannabis company Kush Bottles Inc.