Jeffrey S. Henderson is a partner in the Duane Morris Corporate Practice Group. His practice encompasses a broad range of general corporate counseling and complex transactional matters for middle market companies, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, private equity investments and financing transactions. Mr. Henderson regularly advises corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships in connection with issues involving entity formation, capital raising and corporate governance.
Mr. Henderson has represented numerous companies, with a particular emphasis on dialysis providers, in all phases of their life cycle, including startup structuring, capital raising, licensing, debt financing, and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
A large part of Mr. Henderson's practice is devoted to general corporate counseling, including corporate governance matters, board of director and fiduciary duty issues, and related issues. In addition, Mr. Henderson spends a significant amount of time working closely with colleagues in other substantive practice areas, such as health law, healthcare fraud and abuse, employment law, employee benefits and executive compensation, real estate or intellectual property, to address the ongoing needs of his clients and to ensure the delivery of legal advice in these areas that is carefully coordinated with a client's business objectives.
Mr. Henderson is a 1988 graduate of Villanova University School of Law and a graduate of Princeton University (A.B. 1980).
Areas of Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance
- Joint Venture
- Private Equity
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Princeton University, A.B., 1980
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- General Counsel – Golf Association of Philadelphia
Represented JB Investments Management in forming and launching JB Investments Fund III, LP, a hedge fund seeking to raise up to $1 billion to invest in publicly-traded oil and gas companies; simultaneously formed and launched a parallel U.S. fund and a Cayman Islands offshore fund to benefit tax-exempt and foreign investors.
- Represented Clarion Capital Partners and its portfolio company, HR Outsourcing Holdings, Inc., a professional employer organization based in Atlanta, Georgia, in the acquisition of the outstanding capital stock of Fortune Financial, Inc., another professional employer organization based in Tampa, Florida, as well as the related financing transaction.
- Represented Ludwig Bohler in the sale of his interests in Bohler Engineering, P.C. and a series of affiliated entities to employees who collectively owned most of the interests in the acquired entities not previously owned directly or indirectly by Mr. Bohler.
- Represented CIT, Inc. (d/b/a Chicago International Trucks), Mcgrenho L.L.C. (d/b/a Indy Truck Sales), Indiana Mack Leasing, LLC, and Idealease of Chicago, LLC in a $143 million truck dealership sale to Rush Enterprises, Inc., which operates the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships in North America.