Jennifer A. Migliori practices in the area of U.S. and international taxation, wealth transfer planning, and general corporate matters. Ms. Migliori assists multijurisdictional U.S. and offshore clients with tax-minimization strategies. She has experience developing tax-efficient investment structures. Ms. Migliori also assists families with generational wealth and asset transfers, and pre-immigration tax planning. Her practice includes estate planning documents. She also counsels clients on matters concerning asset protection, business succession planning, and general corporate matters.
Ms. Migliori has experience working with financial institutions, accountants, and advisors in connection with the U.S. tax treatment of U.S. and foreign-based assetscompliance with federal tax returns. She regularly advises clients and their advisors on compliance issues arising under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), information , and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS). he assists clients with tax controversy matters including audit representation and voluntary disclosures.
Ms. Migliori earned her LL.M. in Taxation from the New York University School of Law and her law degree from University of Virginia School of Law, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Virginia Tax Review. She is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Miami School of Business, where she studied accounting. of the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC).
Ms. Migliori is fluent in Spanish.
Areas of Practice
- Strategic Tax Planning
- Wealth Transfer Planning
- Corporate Law
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2014
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Tax Review
- University of Miami School of Business Administration, B.B.A., Accounting, magna cum laude, 2006
- Duane Morris LLP
- Carlton Fields Jorden Burt P.A.
- Holland and Knight LLP
- Transworld Services, Inc.
- Financial Operations Director
- KPMG LLP
- Federal Tax Associate
- Florida Bar
- Tax Section
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, "Cross-Border Tax and Wealth Planning," FY International Annual Summit Miami 2017, August 24, 2017
- Speaker, "Pre-immigration Tax Planning Strategies," Leumi Third Annual Private Bank Investment Conference, December 5, 2016
- Speaker, "FATCA and the Common Reporting Standard, Planning for Non-U.S. Persons," Pan-American Private Client Life Professional Development Workshop, May 23, 2016