Jennifer A. Wieclaw concentrates her practice in the area of real estate law. Ms. Wieclaw has a broad transactional practice counseling clients with respect to commercial acquisitions and dispositions, financings and workouts, leasing and joint ventures. Ms. Wieclaw has represented clients with respect to a variety of asset classes, including office, industrial and multi-family residential.
Ms. Wieclaw serves as a representative to the Duane Morris Recruitment and Retention Committee.
Ms. Wieclaw is a 2001 graduate, with honors, of the George Washington University Law School, where she was a member of the George Washington Law Review, and a magna cum laude graduate of Dickinson College.
- Represented buyer in connection with an approximately $62 million acquisition and financing of a 240 unit apartment complex in Broward County, Florida.
- Represented Laguna Development Corporation, a federally chartered corporation formed by the Pueblo of Laguna Tribe in New Mexico, in its $134.5 million acquisition of the Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
- Represented Shelbourne Capital LLC in its new joint venture with Red Lion Hotels Corporation, a Spokane, Washington-based public company, involving the acquisition, equity and debt financing, and a capital improvement program for twelve hotels located in Washington, California, Oregon, Idaho, and Utah.
- Closed on the purchase of a twenty-three-property portfolio in Lakewood, Colorado for a purchase price of $104 million. The properties consisted of twenty-one office buildings and two development parcels. In conjunction with the purchase, we closed a $79.5 million purchase money mortgage loan to our client from AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company.
- Represented a publicly-traded wholesale motor fuel distributor in connection with a syndicated credit facility of up to $324 million.
- Represented an American petroleum and petrochemical manufacturer in documenting the transfer of an industrial complex to subsidiaries for $60 million.
- Represented the operator of nursing homes in connection with the lease of a portfolio of 18 nursing homes in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a joint venture purchasing foreclosed homes in a $24 million loan secured by a portfolio of approximately 1,300 single-family homes.
- Represented a nonprofit organization in the simultaneous divestiture of six of its seven skilled-nursing facilities, plus a HUD housing facility and a senior-housing facility, to two separate for-profit purchasers for an aggregate purchase price of $83 million.
- Represented the borrower in a $125 million syndicated credit facility secured by 187 service stations in four states.
- Represented the borrower in a $37.5 million syndicated credit facility for the acquisition of 34 service stations.
- Represented the borrower in a syndicated credit facility in excess of $50 million for the acquisition of 85 service stations in two states, along with subordinate purchase money financing in excess of $12 million.
- Represented an affiliate of New Jersey-based Four Springs Capital Trust, a newly formed real estate investment trust, in its purchase of a 14,560-square foot Walgreens in Greenville, North Carolina for $5.625 million. The single-tenant, net-leased transaction included an assumption of the existing commercial mortgage-backed security (CMBS) loan.
- Represented tenants in lease negotiations for general office, medical office, laboratory and warehouse and distribution space ranging from approximately 3,000 square feet to 181,000 square feet.
- Represented one of the secured lenders in the General Growth Properties bankruptcy in the modification of loans totaling in excess of $365 million secured by six shopping centers.
- Represented lender in connection with the restructuring of loans in excess of $82 million to a residential real estate developer secured by nine residential developments.
- Represented the purchaser of a biofuels plant through a Section 363 sale.
- Represented a residential real estate developer in connection with construction loans ranging from $2.2 million to $94.8 million.
- Represented a hotel owner/operator in connection with construction loans in excess of $22 million.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 2001
Member, The George Washington Law Review
- Dickinson College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1998
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2016-present
- Special Counsel, 2011-2015
- Associate, 2005-2011
- Spector Gadon & Rosen, P.C.
- Associate, 2004-2005
- Reed Smith LLP
- Associate, 2001-2002
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Northern Children's Services
- Board of Trustees
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2012-2016
- Co-Author, "Title Policies," Common Ground, Issues 2 and 3, 2005
- Author, "Waiver by Another Name: The Law of the Case," 69 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 538, 2001