Jennifer O’Sullivan practices in the area of employment and labor law. Ms. O’Sullivan also has experience in complex products liability, toxic tort and commercial litigation.
Ms. O’Sullivan is a 1984 graduate of the University of California, Hastings College of the Law and a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley.
Areas of Practice
Employment and Labor Law
- Served on successful trial team in the defense of public school district in trial of wrongful termination action based on racial discrimination.
- Obtained summary judgment in multiple lawsuits on behalf of licensor of automotive parts brand from plaintiffs alleging asbestos exposure from friction products.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of major petrochemical company against claim of premises liability.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of defense contractor in products liability action.
- Represented manufacturers and distributors of consumer products in the defense of California Proposition 65 claims involving alleged exposure to lead and phthalates.
- Represented municipalities in personal injury actions alleging unsafe conditions on public property.
- Represented major chemical company against claims of ground water contamination resulting from the use of pesticides.
- Served on winning trial team on behalf of oil refining company in action involving claim of exposure from toxic fumes emanating from refinery.
- Represented oil refining company in a benzene-related personal injury action brought by employee of contractor performing work at client’s refinery.
- Defend third party benefits administrator in ERISA disputes.
- Represent private employers in breach of contract actions and other business disputes.
- Obtained voluntary no-pay dismissals for a pharmaceutical distributor after filing summary judgment motions establishing that our client’s over-the-counter talcum powder was not contaminated with asbestos and that the plaintiffs’ personal injury claims were preempted by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1984
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1981
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
- Associate, 2013-2017
Brown, Eassa & McLeod LLP
- Counsel, 2011-2013
Filice, Brown, Eassa & McLeod LLP
- Associate, 1999-2011
Hardin, Cook, Loper, Engel & Bergez
- Associate, 1990-1999
Jedeikin, Green, Sprague and Bishop
- Associate, 1985-1990
- Author, "PAGA Lawsuit Claiming Labor Code Violations isn’t Preempted by NLRA," California Employment Law Letter, October 12, 2020
Co-author, "Supreme Court Declares Union Fees Charged to Nonmember Public Employees Unconstitutional," Duane Morris Alert, July 2, 2018
Co-author, "Supreme Court Upholds Class Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements," Duane Morris Alert, May 24, 2018
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Best Practices for Protecting Your Business from Class and Collective Actions and Unfair Competition," The New Reality of Workplace Law and Practice in the COVID-19 Era, Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, October 28, 2020