Justin Santarosa practices in the area of corporate and securities law. Mr. Santarosa represents issuers, underwriters, investors, family offices and private equity and venture capital firms on fund formations, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and controlling and non-controlling investments through public and private equity and debt offerings.
Mr. Santarosa also advises public and private companies, including financial institutions and banks, throughout their life cycle on a variety of corporate matters and capital market transactions, including formation, capitalization, joint ventures, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, follow-on equity offerings as well as general corporate matters.
Mr. Santarosa is a graduate of the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, and a graduate of Colorado State University, Fort Collins.
Areas of Practice
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented The Lovesac Company (NASDAQ: LOVE), a technology-driven modular furniture designer and manufacturer, in its $64.4 million initial public offering.
- Represented Naked Brand Group Inc. in connection with $3.5 million at the market offering.
- Advised private equity fund on creation of special purpose entity for $15 million investment in biotechnology company.
- Represented furniture company in $30 million preferred equity financing.
- Represented private injection mold company in $20 million refinancing of senior and mezzanine debt.
- Advised private investor in connection with $5.7 million stock purchase of food manufacturing company.
- Represented private injection mold company in multiple acquisitions of U.S. and Mexican companies.
- Advised a federal savings bank in negotiations with the OCC on creation of new series of preferred stock and subsequent $3 million private placement.
- Represented County Commerce Bank in $41.3 million stock and cash sale to CVB Financial Corp.
- Represented American Riviera Bank in its acquisition of The Bank of Santa Barbara for $15.4 million in stock.
- Represented CU Bancorp in $104.3 million merger with First Enterprise Bancorp.
- Represented Santa Clara Valley Bank, N.A. in all cash sale to Sierra Bancorp.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Colorado State University, B.A., 2006
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- Horgan Rosen Beckham & Coren LLP
Contributor, Duane Morris Cannabis Industry Blog
Co-author, "California Releases Emergency Cannabis Regulations," Cannabis Industry Blog, November 18, 2017
Selected Speaking Engagements
Presenter, "Cannabis 105: Investing in Cannabis," The Duane Morris Cannabis Webinar Series, May 15, 2018