Linda J. Crow practices in the area of corporate law. A qualified solicitor in England and Wales, Ms. Crow has considerable experience in all types of company, corporate finance transactions and commercial matters involving domestic and cross-border acquisitions (including post-completion dispute resolution), disposals, joint ventures, IPOs, secondary issues, takeovers and take privates. She represents public companies listed on the London Stock Exchange main market and its junior market AIM, as well as companies listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ.
Ms. Crow’s experience in commercial matters includes advising on privacy compliance, agency matters, distributorships, procurement (contentious and non-contentious) and outsourcing deals, including the EU and UK antitrust aspects of such transactions. She also represents clients in export control matters and has extensive experience working with international blue-chip groups that choose to restructure for commercial reasons. Ms. Crow frequently advises solvent clients seeking to enhance the bottom line, increase shareholder value or operate in a more financially efficient and effective manner.
Ms. Crow earned her LL.B., with honours, in 1986 from the University of the West of England.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- England and Wales
- University of the West of England, LL.B., 1986
- Duane Morris
- Partner, 2016-present
- Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Partner/Counsel, 2009-2016
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Counsel, 2008-2009
- Pinsent Masons LLP
- Partner, 2001-2008
- Martineau Johnson
- Partner, 1998-2001
- Foster Baxter Cooksey
- Partner/Associate, 1993-1998
- Wragge & Co.
- Associate, 1991-1993
- Lanyon Bowdler
- Trainee Solicitor, 1989-1991
- Commissioner, Crown Estate Paving Commission
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Contributor, Duane Morris London Blog
- "Outsourcing IT: Dealing With Change and Exercising Control," Practical Law's Outsourcing Guide, September 2014 and September 2015
- "Looking at Change and Control in Outsourcing IT Contracts," Practical Law's Outsourcing Guide, August 2013
- "U.S. Food Importers Face Tougher Rules After New Act," Food Manufacture Magazine, November 2012
- "Hurdles Across the Border," Financial Times, September 2012
Selected Speaking Engagements
Panelist, "One Month to GDPR Enforcement: Final Preparations and Review," The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Webinar Series, April 10, 2018 (video replay)
Panelist, "Data Protection Officers: Is It a Requirement? Risks and Obligations Connected with Having or Not Having One," The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Webinar Series, January 30, 2018 (video replay)
Panelist, "Individual Consent Requirements and Document/Agreement Updates," The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Webinar Series, January 9, 2018 (video replay)
Panelist, "Six Months Before GDPR: Why GDPR Is Relevant to U.S. Businesses and How You Can Comply," The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Webinar Series, November 30, 2017 (video replay)
- "Current Market Trends - Practical Guidance for Getting Your Deal Done and Avoiding Pitfalls," Iowa Mergers & Acquisitions National Conference, Des Moines, 2014
- "Current Trends in M&A: International Aspects," Iowa Mergers & Acquisitions National Conference, Des Moines, 2013
- "Emerging Market Strategies: Market Entry, Operational Issues and Compliance (FCPA)," Food & Agriculture National Conference, Minneapolis, 2012
- "Interesting Legal Differences and Pointers for Doing Business in the UK," Doing Business in the UK Seminar, Indianapolis, 2012
- "International Markets: Globalization of the Production Food System," Food, Agriculture & Biofuels National Conference, Minneapolis, 2010
Represented one of Europe’s leading businesses in the packaging sector in the acquisition of a leading UK pharmaceutical and food packaging manufacturer and its subsidiary.
Represented Banco de Sabadell, S.A. in receivables purchase agreement in connection with sale of receivables payable by two large account debtors in the retail sector.
Represented Best World International, a Singapore-based premium skincare product developer, in its £27.7 million investment to acquire a minority stake in Margaret Dabbs London, a British luxury brand.
Represented Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank) in connection with its inaugural US$500 million loan from a 24-institution multinational syndicate agented by United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) – the largest-ever private bank international borrowing in Vietnam.