Lucia Orozco practices corporate law and regulatory compliance.
Lucia is a Colombian lawyer with a Master of Laws degree from the U.S., admitted to practice in Canada, the United States and Colombia, and who has gained experience in the legal and regulatory arena in those three jurisdictions. She is also registered as Foreign Lawyer in Singapore.
Lucia has advised a variety of clients in various legal, regulatory and compliance matters in the financial services industry. She has solid experience advising clients on the impact of dynamic legal and regulatory changes for their business, cross-border offerings of financial products and services, global investment banking services and general corporate law matters.
Ms. Orozco is a graduate of Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.), Universidad de Los Andes (Specialist in Public Management and Administrative Institutions), and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (equivalent to J.D.).
She is a native speaker of Spanish and fluent in English.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Investment Law
- Regulatory Compliance
- Singapore (Foreign Lawyer)
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, LL.M., 2011
- Universidad de los Andes, Postgraduate degree in Administrative Law, 2006
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, J.D., 2004
- Duane Morris & Selvam LLP
- Senior Associate, June 2021-present
- Legal Manager, May 2021-June 2021
- Scotiabank - Global Compliance
- Director, International Banking Compliance - Global Banking and Markets & Group Treasury (GBM&T), 2018-2020
- Senior Manager, Enterprise Governance Office, 2016-2018
- Senior Manager, Regulatory Initiatives, 2013-2016
- Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren S.C.
- Intern, 2012
- Bancoldex S.A. The Colombian Bank for Development and Foreign Trade
- In-house Legal Counsel, 2009-2010
- Estudios Palacios Lleras S.A.
- Junior Associate, 2007-2009
- Televideo S.A.- In-house Legal Counsel, 2005-2007
- Co-author, "Singapore and Pacific Alliance Sign Free Trade Agreement," Duane Morris Alert, February 9, 2022