M. Alejandra Vargas concentrates her practice in the area of immigration law. Ms. Vargas represents companies in a wide variety of industries seeking to employ foreign nationals in the United States on a temporary or permanent basis. She also assists individuals and families in connection with nonimmigrant and immigrant visa matters as well as naturalization.
Ms. Vargas is also a volunteer attorney for the New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG), where she provides legal assistance for family immigration matters.
Ms. Vargas is a graduate of University Pontificia Bolivariana in Colombia, and she was awarded an LL.M. by Brooklyn Law School and an LL.M. in Private Law from the University Panthéon-Assas (Paris II) in France, where she is also a Ph.D. candidate in International Law. She is fluent in French and Spanish.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality
- New York
- Brooklyn Law School, LL.M. , 2015
- Panthéon-Assas University Paris II, LL.M. , 2011
- Bar Association of the City of New York
- Immigration Committee
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Honors and Awards
- Listed in New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2019-2021
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Immigration Updates," The New Reality of Workplace Law and Practice in the COVID-19 Era, Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, November 9, 2020
- Speaker, "PERM Sponsorship in Our New Normal: Building Successful Applications in an Uncertain Job Market," Duane Morris Institute (DMi), July 16, 2020