Ms. Killian represents and counsels clients in a wide variety of industries including medical devices, travel services, engineering services, food, beverage, entertainment, cannabis, and toys and games on a broad range of issues related to trademarks, copyrights, brand protection, as well as right of publicity.
Ms. Killian has been involved in the litigation of cases involving a broad range of claims, including trademark and trade dress infringement, trademark dilution, federal and common law unfair competition, false advertising, breach of contract, and libel in both state and federal court. Her trademark litigation experience also includes opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Ms. Killian negotiates, reviews and drafts trademark and copyright licenses and assignments, trademark co-existence agreements, settlement agreements, marketing services agreements, sponsorship, influencer and talent agreements. She also has experience negotiating, reviewing and drafting various other agreements including intellectual property purchase agreements, software licenses, software development agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and independent contractor agreements.
Ms. Killian also has experience with media law matters including the defense of libel claims and the newsgathering privilege.
Ms. Killian is a 2015 graduate, with honors, of the University of San Francisco School of Law, where she was staff editor of the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin, a board member for the University of San Francisco Moot Court Board and a two-time participant in the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition, where in 2015 she won first place in the Western Regional Division and was a National finalist. Ms. Killian is a graduate, with honors, of the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Law
Trademarks and Copyright
Media and Communications
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2015
- Staff Editor, Intellectual Property Law Bulletin
- Board Member, University of San Francisco Moot Court Board
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., with honors, 2010
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- Legal Contracts Administrator, 2015-2017
- RPX Corporation
- Patent Litigation Data Consultant, 2014-2015
- International Trademark Association
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
Media Law Resource Center, Newsgathering Committee
Adjunct Professor Moot Court Program, University of San Francisco School of Law
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Board Member, University of California, Santa Barbara Communication Alumni Council
- Advisor, Northern California Scholarship Foundation
Selected Speaking Engagements
Panelist, "The Complexities and Hurdles Faced In Trademark Enforcement Today," University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, April 8, 2019