Melissa Sobel Snyder practices in the area of health law. Ms. Snyder is a 2009 cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she was associate editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law. Ms. Snyder also earned a Master of Bioethics from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and is a magna cum laude graduate of Tufts University.
- On behalf of Einstein Healthcare Network, assisted with healthcare regulatory work related to the sale of its Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment, consisting of a 147-bed inpatient psychiatric hospital and two related outpatient programs, to Acadia Healthcare.
- On behalf of Cathedral Village, a nonprofit owner and operator of a skilled nursing facility, continuing care retirement community and personal care home, assisted with healthcare regulatory work related to its affiliation with Presbyterian Senior Living.
- On behalf of a large national healthcare REIT, assisted with licensure work for acquisitions of assisted living facility properties in multiple states.
- On behalf of a large national healthcare REIT, assisted with healthcare regulatory due diligence of target facility operations and operational history of business partner companies in connection with acquisition of assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities in multiple states.
- Obtained on behalf of the Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) a ruling from the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania that held that the Pennsylvania Insurance Department had overbilled healthcare providers more than $100 million over three years to fund a program that provides excess coverage for medical malpractice claims under the state's Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error Act (MCARE).
- New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Master of Bioethics, 2009
- Tufts University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2004
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2009-present
- Co-author, "Old Confusions Back for Charitable Property Tax Exemptions," Pennsylvania CPA Journal, Fall 2012
- Co-author, "HHS Releases Final Rule and Interim Final Rules on Affordable Care Act's State Health Insurance Exchanges," Duane Morris Alert, March 14, 2012
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Understanding the Basics of Health Law," Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Fundamentals of Health Law Seminar, November 2013
- Co-Presenter, "The Impact of the Federal Healthcare Reform Law on Healthcare Providers," Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Fundamentals of Health Law Seminar, November 2011