Michael H. Gibson concentrates his practice primarily in the areas of labor and employment law, commercial litigation, consumer credit law, and securities litigation and arbitration. He regularly represents financial institutions and major corporations in matters involving claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act, trade secrets, restrictive covenants and other commercial disputes. Mr. Gibson also represents lenders and third-party debt collectors in connection with claims arising out of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Mr. Gibson is a 2004 graduate of Brooklyn Law School and a graduate of State University of New York at Brockport.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2004
- The College at Brockport, State University of New York, B.S., 1997
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Best Practices for Protecting Your Business from Class and Collective Actions and Unfair Competition," The New Reality of Workplace Law and Practice in the COVID-19 Era, Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, October 28, 2020
Honors and Awards
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyer, 2024