Michelle Ngo practices in the area of corporate law. She represents private and public companies in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, and corporate governance matters.
Ms. Ngo is a 2019 cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School and a summa cum laude graduate of Drexel University. She is a native speaker of Vietnamese.
Represented StoneMor Inc., a leading owner and operator of cemeteries and funeral homes across the United States and Puerto Rico, in a take-private merger that resulted in its controlling stockholder, Axar Capital Management, LP, owning 100 percent of StoneMor.
Represented New York Home Health Holdings/Honor Health Network, a provider of home healthcare services, in connection with its multimillion-dollar sale by its members to Webster Capital, a financial sponsor.
- Represented Catalent, Inc. (NYSE: CTLT), a global provider of delivery technologies, development, drug manufacturing, biologics, gene therapies and consumer health products, in its $80 million acquisition of the manufacturing and packaging operations of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACOR).
Represented Jornaya, a leading provider of consumer behavioral data and intelligence, in its sale to Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK), a leading data analytics provider, serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services.
Advised Smartlink, a wireless communications company, and its owners in connection with an investment from McCarthy Capital Partners, a middle market private equity fund, and an equity raise and concurrent recapitalization of prior investment.
Represented BFS Capital, Inc., a leading small business lender, in its Series B Preferred offering led by Edison Partners and Honeywell International, Inc. Master Retirement Trust.
Advised the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Customers Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE: CUBI) in the $140 million merger of its subsidiary, BankMobile Technologies, Inc., one of the largest digital banking platforms in the U.S., with Megalith Financial Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: MFAC), a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC, and in related PIPE, strategic licensing and other transactions to finance and support the merger.
- Represented a French listed company in its acquisition of a US-based provider of museum exhibit project management, production and technology services.
- Represented an investment bank, as placement agent, in a PIPE transaction consisting of shares of common stock and warrants for a NASDAQ-listed specialty biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented Pennsylvania Machine Works LLC, a leading manufacturer in the forged pressure fitting industry, in connection with the multimillion-dollar sale of all of its outstanding equity to Wynnchurch Capital Partners.
- Represented Texas Hospice Holdings, LLC, a multi-state hospice facility operator, in connection with the sale of all of its outstanding equity to Amedisys Inc., a publicly-held hospice company.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Drexel University, B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, 2015
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2019-present
- HIAS Pennsylvania
- Board Member, 2021-present
- Co-author, "LIBOR Transition: Borrower Tax Consequences and Final Regulations" The Banking Law Journal, April 2022
- Co-author, "SEC Proposes Amendments Regarding Rule 10b5-1 Insider Trading Plans and Related Disclosures," Duane Morris Alert, December 31, 2021
- Co-author, "An Update on LIBOR," REFJ: The Real Estate Finance Journal, Fall 2021
- Co-author, "LIBOR Transition: The Year in Review, So Far," Duane Morris Alert, May 10, 2021
- Co-author, "New York Governor Signs the First LIBOR Transition Legislation into Law," Duane Morris Alert, April 15, 2021
- Co-author, "SEC Final Rules Amend Definitions of "Accredited Investor" and "Qualified Institutional Buyer"," The Real Estate Finance Journal, Winter 2020
- Co-author, "AMERIBOR: Can the "Most Boring Benchmark in America" Replace LIBOR?" The Real Estate Finance Journal, Winter 2020
- Co-author, "SEC Adopts Amendments to Shareholder Proposal Rule," Duane Morris Alert, September 28, 2020
- Co-author, "SEC Final Rules Amend Definitions of 'Accredited Investor' and 'Qualified Institutional Buyer'," Duane Morris Alert, September 25, 2020
- Co-author, "AMERIBOR: Can 'the Most Boring Benchmark in America' Replace LIBOR?" Duane Morris Alert, August 27, 2020
- Co-author, "A Hot Issue for a Hot Summer: Time to Understand ISDA IBOR Benchmark Fallbacks," Duane Morris Banking and Finance Blog, August 18, 2020
- Co-author, "For LIBOR Transition Procrastinators, SOFR Starter Kit to the Rescue!," Duane Morris Banking and Finance Blog, August 10, 2020
- Co-author, "Hardwired for a Smoother LIBOR Transition," Duane Morris Alert, August 6, 2020
- Contributor, "ARRC Pumps Up the Summer Heat on LIBOR Transition," Duane Morris Banking and Finance Blog, July 24, 2020
- Contributor, "Transition Away from LIBOR Gains Traction," Duane Morris Banking and Finance Blog, July 22, 2020
- Co-author, "SEC Adopts Final Amendments to Financial Disclosure Requirements for Acquisitions and Dispositions of Businesses," Duane Morris Alert, June 1, 2020
- Contributor, "World Investment Report 2018 - Investment and New Industrial Policies," United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, June 6, 2018