Milan A. Patel practices in the area of real estate, focusing on acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant, development and real estate finance. He also provides support to the corporate and commercial departments on the real estate aspects of business acquisitions, mergers and disposals. Mr. Patel was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 1996. He is a 1992 graduate of the University of Hull School of Law.
Areas of Practice
- Acquisitions and disposals: purchase and sale of investment, operational and development property including conditional sale and purchase contracts.
- Landlord and Tenant: leasing of offices, retail, manufacturing and warehousing and distribution premises including lease variations, surrenders and renewals; assignment and subletting of premises and grant of landlord consents for alienation and alterations.
- Development: options, pre-emption arrangements, site assembly, development agreements and planning agreements and undertakings.
- Real estate finance: mortgage of land and related loan facility and security documents and arrangements for development funding.
- Easements and covenants: grant and reservations of rights for utilities and services including wayleaves for telecoms and fibre; dealing with the grant or acceptance of restrictive and positive covenants in relation to use, development and other matters and dealing the with variation or extinguishment of rights and covenants.
- Title issues: boundary disputes, registration defects and adverse possession claims.
Represented the UK affiliate of a U.S.-based high-tech manufacturing company in the transportation industry in its £22.5 million sale and lease-back of two manufacturing properties.
Counsel in the sale of part of a manufacturing building for redevelopment as offices including the grant and reservations of suitable easements for access and services and a flying freehold arrangement.
Counsel in the sale of a car parking facility for redevelopment as a new office building including grant of pre-emption rights over neighbouring land, easements for access and transfer of an associated pedestrian footbridge crossing the neighbouring highway.
Counsel in connection with the purchase of a former warehouse in Croydon conditional upon the grant of planning permission for development as a new car showroom and garage and dealing with negotiation and completion of a S.106 Agreement and related development issues.
Counsel in the sale and leaseback of a national portfolio of motor dealership properties.
Counsel to an insurance broker in connection with the agreement for lease of office space in the City of London conditional upon completion of refurbishment works by the landlord.
Counsel to a leading travel visa and passport company in their lease of new offices in central London.
Counsel to a digital entertainment company in their lease of newly developed office space in central London to serve as their European HQ.
Counsel to an international truck manufacturer in connection with its sub-lease of several warehouse and distribution units in an industrial park in Cheshire.
Counsel to an international truck manufacturer in connection with the surrender of an office building in Watford including related dilapidations settlement.
Counsel to a software company in relation to the surrender of its lease of offices in Bracknell.
Counsel to an international vehicle manufacturer in the acquisition, development and letting of new 'brand centre' motor dealerships.
Counsel in the preparation and negotiation of acquisition and development agreements relating to a multimillion-pound warehouse and distribution facility.
Counsel to a US lender in the funding of the acquisition and development of student accommodation in central London for two US universities.
Counsel to a developer in connection with facilities for the acquisition and development of two new car showrooms.
Counsel to a lender in connection with the provisions of loan facilities for the purchase and development of residential housing projects.
Counsel to a land owner on the grant of temporary and permanent easements together with a crane oversail licence to a neighbouring owner to facilitate the redevelopment of the neighbouring land to residential flats.
Counsel to a land owner in connection with the release and variation of restrictive covenants held to control the use and development of neighbouring land.
Counsel to a land owner in obtaining registration of neighbouring land based on adverse possession to facilitate a sale.
Counsel to an international vehicle manufacturer in relation to the real estate aspects of a global logistics supply agreement including option and pre-emption arrangements for warehouse and distribution premises in multiple countries.
Acquisitions and Disposals
Landlord and Tenant
Real Estate Finance
Easements and Covenants
Title Issues and Miscellaneous Matters
- England and Wales
- University of Hull, School of Law, LLB (Hons), 1992
- Duane Morris
- Partner, 2003-present
- Associate, 2000-2003
- Geisler & Laws, London, England
- Associate, 1996-2000
- Hugh Cartwright & Amin, Solicitors, London, England
- Trainee Solicitor/Assistant Solicitor, 1993-1996
- The Law Society of England and Wales