Dr. Nguyen Thi Lang focuses her practice on all aspects of corporate and commercial matters, with an emphasis on M&A, cross-border investment, real estate, pharmaceutical and infrastructure projects. She has advised a wide variety of multinational businesses from all parts of the world, counseling many leading foreign and local investors in Vietnam. Dr. Nguyen has lectured on a wide range of subjects including corporate governance, investment, commercial, competition and anti-corruption law. She has written extensively on foreign investment in Vietnam, and in particular, on BOT contracts.
Dr. Nguyen earned an LLB (1999), LLM (2003) and Doctor of Law degree (2008) from Ho Chi Minh City University of Law.
Areas of Practice
Power Projects and Infrastructure
M&A and Corporate Matters
Commercial and International Trade
Oil and Gas
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, Doctor of Law, 2008
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, LL.M., 2003
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, LL.B. (Hons), 1999
Duane Morris Vietnam LLC
- Partner, 2019-present
Frasers Law Company
- Partner, 2012-2019
Freshfields Bruckhaus Derringer
- International Counsel, 2003-2012
- Senior Lawyer, 2001-2003
Lucy Wayne & Associates
- Lawyer, 1998-2001
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
"Legal Obstacles regarding Procedures for Signing BOT Contracts," Legal Review, March 2008
"A New Viet BOT Decree," Project Finance International Journal, 2007
"Main Legal Issues of BOT Contracts," Legal Sciences Journal, 2007
"BOT – Private or Common Legal Institution?" Law and Development Journal, 2007
"Parties to the BOT Contracts," Legal Review, 2007
"Major Legal Issues arising under Decree 78 on BOT Contracts," Legal Review, 2007
"Measures for Protection of Foreign Investment in Vietnam," VIE/01/025 project, 2005
"Securities for Financial Obligations of Vietnamese Parties Participating in Ancillary Contracts of BOT Projects," Legal Sciences Journal, 2004
- Advised a leading Japanese trading house on the establishment of the first 100% foreign-owned company being granted a licence to engage in a full range of distribution activities in Vietnam and the purchase of interest in numerous companies.
- Advised a major multinational luxury goods conglomerate on the structuring of their local presence in Vietnam to conduct both importation and distribution of wine and spirits in Vietnam and operational issues of these companies.
- Advised one of the world leaders in advertising and marketing services on the acquisition of shares of various local advertising companies.
- Advised a multinational Fortune Global 500 company on the acquisition of the entire equity interest in a local joint venture engaging in the construction industry, the investment in a greenfield project in Vietnam, and other investment and commercial issues.
- Advised a large water company on its successful investment in one of the biggest water treatment plants in Vietnam.
- Advised one of the world's leading companies in international marine terminal operations on the development and limited recourse financing of a container port in Vietnam.
- Advised one of the global leaders in healthcare on the purchase of assets in a group of pharmaceutical companies.
- Advised one of Asia's largest real estate companies on its proposed establishment of a Vietnam property fund.
- Advised one of the world's largest fund management companies on the acquisition of shares in numerous companies developing significant real estate projects in Vietnam.