Nicolette J. Zulli (“Nico”) is a trial lawyer with a practice focused on all phases of complex commercial litigation in the energy, insurance and banking/finance industries. Ms. Zulli has experience in matters concerning complex breach of contract, business torts, bankruptcy, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and trade secrets. Her practice also regularly consists of providing litigation insights on high-stakes commercial real estate transactions and assisting with commercial foreclosures in Texas. Ms. Zulli is also a member of the firm’s White-Collar Criminal Defense Group, and serves as a co-manager and contributor to the Duane Morris White-Collar Criminal Law Blog.
Ms. Zulli has valuable experience representing clientele of varying sizes in state and federal trial courts throughout Texas, and regularly assists on client matters in state and federal courts across the United States. She has also represented clients in non-judicial forums, including arbitration and administrative proceedings.
Ms. Zulli is admitted to practice in Texas and New York. In addition to representing businesses and individuals in commercial litigation, she serves the local community as an Editorial Member of the Houston Bar Association’s The Houston Lawyer Magazine and Co-Chair of the HBA’s Law Week Fun Run Committee.
Ms. Zulli also devotes a substantial amount of time providing pro bono legal services. She has worked with pro bono clients, including the International Development Law Organization, and The Crossing, a professional chamber choir based out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Most recently, Ms. Zulli was a member of the Duane Morris pro bono team that worked with the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum and Asian Americans Advancing Justice-AAJC on an Amicus Brief submission to the Supreme Court of the United States.
Ms. Zulli is a 2018 graduate, with honors, of Syracuse University College of Law, where she was a member of the Syracuse Law Review, and a graduate, with honors, of Baylor University with a B.A. in Journalism, with a minor in Film & Digital Media.
Ms. Zulli is a lifelong singer-songwriter and is the lead vocalist of the Duane Morris Firm Band. She is also an avid runner, and serves as the Legal Officer of BON Running Club in Houston.
- New York
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- Associate Member, Syracuse Law Review
- Editor-In-Chief, Syracuse Journal of Law and Civic Engagement (SLACE)
- Member, Syracuse Law Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Baylor University, B.A., cum laude, 2014
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2019-present
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Honors Legal Intern, Spring 2018
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Securities Litigation & Arbitration Section
- Co-chair, Law Week Fun Run Committee, 2021-22
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA)
New York State Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Syracuse University College of Law Alumni Association
- Baylor Women's Network of Houston
- Houston Area Road Runner’s Association (HARRA)
- Contributor, Duane Morris White-Collar Criminal Law Blog
- Quoted, "The Key to a Good Work-Life Balance? Prioritize Your Own Happiness," The Baylor Lariat, March 29, 2021
- Co-author, "No More Than 10 Can Attend: Texas Executive Order Effectively Halts Public Foreclosure Sales," Duane Morris Alert, September 11, 2020
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, "COVID-19: From Sea to Shining Sea: A Quick Update of U.S. and International COVID-Related Restrictions," Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, December 11, 2020