Nora E. Pomerantz regularly advises clients in the areas of estate planning, trust and estate administration, charitable giving and closely held business matters. She has extensive experience in sophisticated estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning and has worked with non-U.S. citizens to create effective estate plans under applicable international and U.S. tax laws. Ms. Pomerantz represents individuals, corporate fiduciaries and nonprofit organizations in a wide range of personal, tax and administrative matters, including advising charitable organizations in connection with their deferred giving programs. Ms. Pomerantz also has substantial Orphans' Court experience, having represented fiduciaries before the court in various matters, such as estate and trust accountings, will interpretation questions, and beneficiary disputes.
Ms. Pomerantz served as a long-time contributing editor of Bloomberg BNA’s Estates, Gifts and Trusts Journal and was a member of Bloomberg BNA's Advisory Board on Estates, Gifts and Trusts. She is also a former member of the Executive Committee of the Probate & Trust Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association. Before attending law school, Ms. Pomerantz worked in publishing in New York and Philadelphia at Psychology Today and The American Lawyer, among other publications.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Ms. Pomerantz is a 1989 summa cum laude graduate of Temple University School of Law, where she was first in her class, articles editor of the Temple Law Review and winner of the I. Herman Stern Moot Court Competition. She is a cum laude graduate of Kenyon College.
- New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1989
- Kenyon College, B.A., cum laude, 1976
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2005-present
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Partner, 1998-2005
- Associate, 1989-1998
- American Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Probate and Trust Law Section; Former Member, Executive Committee
- Tax Section
- Bloomberg BNA - Estate, Gifts and Trusts Journal
- Former Contributing Editor and Advisory Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Named as one of Philadelphia's 2014 Top Rated Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Co-author, "SECURE Act Changes That Will Affect Retirement, Unrelated Plans," The Legal Intelligencer, February 7, 2020