Patrick E-Wei Ong is an Associate Director in Selvam LLC’s Corporate Practice Group. He has private practice and in-house experience, and practices in the area of corporate law. He advises on a broad range of commercial transactions involving cross border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, private equity and various other corporate and commercial matters. His portfolio of corporate advisory work encompasses advising clients on corporate governance, compliance, data protection and privacy laws, and banking & finance matters.
Patrick also has experience in employment law matters, and has advised employees, private and multinational companies on immigration matters, executive compensation plans, employment and confidentiality agreements, employment handbooks, unfair dismissal and the conducting of responsible restructuring, rightsizing and retrenchment exercises.
He has represented a wide range of clients including start-ups, banks, funds, MNCs and HNWIs across various industry sectors.
Patrick graduated from University College London in 2014 with a Bachelor of Laws (Second Class Honours (Upper Division)), and is admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
Areas of Practice
- General Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions; Joint Ventures
- Venture Capital
- Data Privacy
- University College London, LL.B. (Hons), 2014
- Selvam LLC
- Associate Director, 2023-present
- Senior Associate, 2021-2023
- Collyer Law LLC
- Senior Associate, 2017-2021
- SingEx Holdings Pte. Ltd. (previously SingEx, and presently Constellar)
- Legal Secondment, Feb 2020-May 2020
- Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A.-N.V. – Singapore Branch
- Legal Secondment, April 2019-June 2019
- KKT Technology Pte. Ltd. (Holmusk)
- Legal Secondment, May 2017-July 2017
- PK Wong & Associates LLC (an independent member firm of the global EY network from 2014-2018)
- Associate, 2016-2017
- The Law Society of Singapore, Social & Welfare Committee
- Singapore Academy of Law, Member
- Co-author, “Understanding Consumer Protections for NFTs in Singapore”, IFLR Asia Fintech Special Focus 2022, July 26, 2022
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, “Key Legal Considerations for Establishing a Business in Singapore & ASEAN”, United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce (California Regional Chapter) – 10th Annual Trade Mission to Asia, Singapore, 6 April 2023
- Speaker, “2023 – Singapore and the Year Ahead”, Duane Morris Asia Lawyers’ Summit, Phuket, Thailand, 24 February 2023
- Panelist, "Singapore, Opening the Door to Asia for Pacific Alliance Nations – A Legal and Regulatory Overview", Webinar, 11 November 2021
- Panelist, "Global Trade Impact and Implications: RCEP – A view from Singapore, China, Myanmar and Vietnam", in collaboration with the Association of Corporate Counsel (Singapore Chapter), Webinar, 19 May 2021