Peter D. Visalli practices in the area of corporate law, representing companies in a range of corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, equity and debt offerings, securities compliance and general corporate matters. Mr. Visalli has represented clients across a variety of industries, including gaming, retail, pharmaceutical, construction and engineering, and cannabis.
As a member of the firm’s Gaming Industry Group, Mr. Visalli has represented casino operators, gaming manufacturers, sports wagering companies, investors and other participants in the gaming industry with respect to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing matters, manufacturing and supply agreements and other gaming-related matters.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Mr. Visalli was a senior consultant with Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, LLC.
Mr. Visalli is a 2005 graduate of Rutgers University School of Law-Camden and a graduate of Loyola College (M.B.A., 2000; B.B.A., 1998).
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Equity and Debt Offerings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities Law
- Represented CBS Sports Digital, the second-largest sports property in the U.S., in entering into a strategic partnership with William Hill, a leading sports book operator; the partnership makes William Hill the official sports book and wagering data provider across selected CBS Sports Digital platforms.
- Represented X Core Technologies, a leader in the metal smart card field, in a sale of domestic and foreign patents and patent applications to Idemia, a French multinational company specializing in security and identity solutions.
- Represented JPJ Group (formerly LSE:JPJ), a leading global online bingo-led operator, in its £490m acquisition of online gaming company Gamesys Holdings Ltd., thereby forming Gamesys Group (LSE:GYS).
- Represented theScore, Inc., a publicly traded digital media company, as regulatory and transactional counsel regarding agreements with Darby Development LLC, the operator of the Monmouth Park Racetrack and Betworks (US) LLC whereby theScore will offer and operate on-line and mobile sports betting throughout the state of New Jersey.
- Represented FIRMENICH, one of the world’s largest producers of flavors and fragrances, in its $80 million all-cash tender offer of U.S. public company Senomyx, Inc., a leader in taste innovation and sweet, cooling and bitter solutions (Nasdaq: SNMX).
- Represented Catalent Biologics’ (NYSE: CTLT) Paragon Gene Therapy unit, the leading viral vector development and manufacturing partner for gene therapies, in its acquisition of manufacturing equipment and related assets from, and strategic partnership with, Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX), a late-stage biotech company developing next-generation vaccines for infectious diseases; the transaction expands Paragon’s gene therapy business and offers Novavax a cost-effective solution to its manufacturing needs.
- Represented iAnthus Capital Holdings, Inc. (CSE: IAN; OTCQX: ITHUF) in its acquisition of CBD For Life, a top-ranked producer of innovative CBD-infused wellness, self-care, and beauty products.
- Represented Naked Brand Group Inc. (NASDAQ: NAKD), an innovative fashion and lifestyle brand, in its merger with privately held Bendon Limited, a New Zealand/Australian entity and global leader in intimate apparel and swimwear in approved Merger Agreement, under which Naked and Bendon became wholly-owned subsidiaries of Naked Brand Group Limited.
- Represented Catalent, Inc. (NYSE: CTLT), a drug delivery technology company, in its $140 million all cash acquisition via tender offer of Juniper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:JNPR), including its U.K.-based Juniper Pharma Services division.
- Represented the special committee of the Board of Directors of JAVELIN Mortgage Investment Corp. (NYSE: JMI) in a merger in which ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (NYSE: ARR) acquired JAVELIN for $85.2 million, with its $900 million of assets, in a cash tender offer.
- Represented U.K. owned Prepaid Network Inc., an online casino company, in obtaining New Jersey approvals for a program that provides a secure way for players to load money from preferred cards into their accounts, and handled the company's formation and general corporate matters.
- Represented Unilife Corp. (NASDAQ: UNIS / ASX: UNS) in connection with its announced effort to seek strategic alternatives, culminating in a strategic collaboration with Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN) for Unilife's wearable injectable drug delivery systems to use with Amgen's biologics and other medicines. The deal provides Unilife with investments of up to $90 million from Amgen and restructures Unilife's existing debt with OrbiMed.
- Represented Tropicana Entertainment Inc. in entering into a Management Agreement pursuant to which it would manage the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Hotel and provide consulting services relating to the former Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Representation also includes formation of TEI Management Services LLC and the pursuit of required gaming regulatory approvals.
- Represented Naked Brand Group Inc., an innovative inner fashion and lifestyle brand, in its underwritten public offering and listing on the NASDAQ Capital Market.
- Represented Naked Brand Group Inc., an innovative inner fashion and lifestyle brand, in raising $2.34 million from a warrant exercise tender offer.
- New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, J.D., 2005
- Loyola College, M.B.A., 2000
- Loyola College, B.B.A., 1998
- Co-author, "New Rules For Online Proxy Materials?" Law 360, November 11, 2009
- Co-author, "U.S. Senate and SEC Corporate Governance Proposals," Duane Morris Alert, May 22, 2009