Ray B. Smyth practices in the areas of mergers, acquisitions and disposals; flotations (IPOs); fund raisings; corporate restructuring; EU and UK competition law; distribution, agency, licensing and joint-ventures; executive/employee incentive schemes and general business, commercial and contract law. Mr. Smyth is a graduate of Kingston University, Surrey.
Areas of Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- IPOs (flotations)
- Commercial Finance
- Venture Capital Financing
- Corporate and Business Law
- Commercial Agreements
- Represented Metric Capital Partners, a European private capital group, in its investment in McCurrach, a market leading provider of outsourced field sales services in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Represented Metric Capital Partners, a European private capital group, concerning its investment in the Spanish wine and food company, The Haciendas Company.
- Acting for The Character Group plc (AIM) in relation to all requirements, including all regulatory compliance, corporate advice and on-going share buy-back programme.
- Acting for a US corporation (biotech) on "de-listing" from AIM.
- Acting for a US corporation on the acquisition of a UK incorporated/based business (financial services - value c. £140m).
- Advising a variety of non-UK based/incorporated businesses on prospective applications for admission to AIM (IPOs).
- Advising a number of non-UK based/incorporated businesses on establishing operations in the UK.
- Acting for and advising various companies and high net worth individuals with regard to acquisition and disposal programmes of companies and businesses.
- Acting for and advising non-executive directors of AIM-listed companies seeking independent advice, including in relation to corporate governance issues.
- Providing issue-resolution advice and negotiation services in relation to various commercial contracts disputes and relationship difficulties.
- Establishing international distribution and agency networks for clients for a variety of goods, including digital cameras and baby-feeding products.
- England and Wales
- Kingston University, Surrey, England, B.A. (Hons), 1980
- Of Counsel, 2019-present
- Partner, 2003-2019
- Gold Mann & Co., London, England
- Partner, 1988-2003
- Assistant Solicitor, 1986-1988
- Jacobsens, London, England
- Solicitor, 1981-1985
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Author, "U.S. Corporations - AIM for Growth?" Duane Morris LLP Bylined Article, 5 October 2015