Robert A. Zinn, P.A. is a seasoned transactional attorney with more than 25 years of experience, focusing on mergers and acquisitions and full-service representation of closely held companies, and leveraging his in-depth knowledge of all operational areas of the automotive industry. Mr. Zinn’s industry acumen includes sales, marketing, product development, manufacturing, procurement, retail distribution and international operations. An automotive industry veteran, he has extensive experience advising U.S. and Middle Eastern automotive clients on buy-sell agreements, manufacturer/distributor relations, dealer agreements, franchising, relocation, restructuring and consolidation.
Mr. Zinn is a 1985 graduate of Cornell Law School and a 1982 cum laude graduate of Emory University.
Areas of Practice
- Transactional and Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Automotive Industry
- Represented Saudi client in negotiation, execution, and operation of Enterprise, National and Alamo Rental Car master franchise for seven countries in the Middle East.
- Represented Saudi client in negotiation of joint venture to manufacture, assemble, sell, and service petrochemical tank trailers in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Represented client in sale of assets of automobile dealership.
- Represented client as corporate counsel during separation of partners in automobile dealership.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1985
- Emory University, B.A., cum laude, 1982
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2016-present
- Carlton Fields Jorden Burt
- Shareholder, 2013-2016
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Shareholder, 1997-2013
- President, 2004-2012
- Zinn Mazda
- Owner/President, 1987-1994
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Named a "Lawyer of the Year" in International Mergers & Acquisitions—Miami by U.S. News/Best Lawyers "The Best Lawyers in America," 2020
Listed in U.S. News/Best Lawyers "The Best Lawyers in America" (Florida, Transportation), 2007-2020
- Listed in South Florida Legal Guide, 2014-2015
- Listed in The Legal 500 (M&A), 2014
- Business Leader Magazine, Recognized as a "Power Player" in South Florida, 2012
- Florida's Top Lawyers, 2008
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite, 2004-2005
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Council for Educational Change
- Board of Trustees
- The United Way Tocqueville Society
- The Emory Cares Program
- Mount Sinai Hospital
Co-author, "Florida’s Budding Cannabis Industry Expands With New Hemp Law," Daily Business Review, July 1, 2019
- Author, "The Legal Andon: Tectonic Automotive Shift," Middle Market Growth, Summer 2017
- Profiled in "Driven Automobile Attorney Finds Road to Success," Daily Business Review, July 2016
- "Lines Drawn In Tesla Direct Sales Battle," Law360, July 2014
- Co-Author, "Managing a Law Firm: The Changing Role of a Law Firm Manager in Today's Economy," 2010