Robert W. Kadlec has more than 25 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing transactions, corporate governance and securities law matters. He serves as a team lead for the Duane Morris Fintech industry group. Mr. Kadlec has extensive experience advising both private equity and corporate clients with leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations, minority investments, joint ventures and public company acquisitions and SEC reporting, among other matters.
Mr. Kadlec is a certified public accountant.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S., 1985
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Financial Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Financing
- Corporate Governance
- Private Equity
- Joint Ventures
- Securities Law
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2017-present
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Associate/Partner, 1993-2017
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP - Associate, 1988-1993
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Alzheimer's Greater Los Angeles, Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Alzheimer's Association Southland Chapter, Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, 2010-2015
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Board of Visitors, 2012-2016
- UNC Kenan-Flager Business School Alumni Council
Honors and Awards
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2017-2022
Lead M&A counsel representing SunPower (NASDQ:SPWR) in connection with bid for and acquisition of SolarWorld Americas, Inc.
Lead M&A counsel relating to asset purchase agreement and stockholders agreement spin-off of a microinverter business in connection with long-term Master Supply Agreement.
Representing Houlihan Lokey, Inc. (NYSE:HLI) in its acquisition of Freeman & Co. LLC, an independent advisory firm in the financial services industry.
Represented Century Park Capital Partners in its acquisition of Dominion Youth Services, a leading provider of behavioral health services to children and young adults across Virginia.
Represented Century Park Capital in connection with the sale of Cirtec Medical, LLC a third party medical device manufacturer, to 3i Group plc and the simultaneous acquisition of Top Tool Company.
- Represented Precision Mechatronics Pty. Ltd. of Australia in connection with its acquisition of Surfx Technologies LLC, a developer of atmospheric plasma tools.
- Represented Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN) in connection with its acquisition of Circle Foods, LLC.
- Represented Synopsys, Inc. (NASDQ:SNPS) and its subsidiary Synopsys Taiwan Limited in connection with its acquisition of SpringSoft Inc., a Taiwan-based software company.
- Represented IPC Healthcare, Inc. (NASDQ:IPCM) in connection with its acquisition by Team Health, Inc. for approximately $1.6 billion.
- Represented Mendel Biotechnology, Inc. in connection with its Series E financing, reincorporation in Delaware and self tender.
- Represented Guggenheim Capital in connection with its preferred and common equity investment in Heald Capital LLC, an owner/operator of for profit colleges.
- Represented Canyon Capital Partners in connection with its investment in MainStreet Lender LLC.
- Represented Century Park Capital in connection with its acquisition of ICM Products, Inc., a specialty chemical company.
- Represented Century Park Capital in connection with the sale of ROM Corporation, a manufacturer of safety related products for the emergency, military and commercial vehicle markets.
- Represented Century Park Capital in connection with the sale of Specialty Manufacturing, Inc., a manufacturer of components for the bus and rail markets.
- Represented Deer Creek Holdings, LLC in connection with its acquisition of Basic Resources, Inc.
- Represented Fortress Investment Group in connection with its equity investment in SESAC Holdings, LLC, a music performing rights organization.
- Represented IPC Healthcare, Inc. (NASDQ:IPCM) in connection with its initial public offering.
- Represented Century Park Capital in connection with the sale of Lynx Grills, Inc. to Middleby Corp.
- Represented Koko’oha Investments, Inc. in connection with its sale of a chain of retail gas stations in Hawaii.
- Represented FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDQ:FLIR) in connection with its acquisition of Aerius Photonics, LLC, a provider of short-wavelength infrared detectors and laser components.
- Represented IPC Healthcare (NASDQ:IPCM) in connection with its acquisition of Inpatient Clinical Solutions, Inc., an acute care practice in South Florida.
- Represented Cirtec Medical Systems, LLC in connection with its investment in Core Manufacturing, LLC, a joint venture with the Alfred Mann Foundation.
- Represented Century Park Capital in connection with its acquisition of Cirtec Medical Systems, LLC.