Ryan W. Brown practices in the area of Health Law. He counsels hospitals, pharmacies, and other health care facilities and providers on regulatory matters including reimbursement, privacy, licensure, and fraud and abuse. He represents clients in administrative appeals, including substantial work in the area of Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) payments. Mr. Brown has also advised healthcare clients on transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and complex changes of ownership. Mr. Brown is a member of the Hiring Committee, Inclusion Committee, and DM Pride, the Firm’s LGBTQ affinity group.
Mr. Brown is a 2018 graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was conventions editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review, and a magna cum laude graduate of Muhlenberg College.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2018
- Conventions Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Muhlenberg College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2009
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
Co-author, "Affidavit: Healthcare and the Law - Biometric Data Collection and Storage The Courts Weigh In," The Wharton Healthcare Quarterly, Spring 2019
Co-author, "Study Sponsors Take Heed: FDA Plans Changes to Expanded Access Program," Duane Morris Alert, Febuary 7, 2019
Co-author, "OIG Proposal to Restrict Discount Safe Harbor Likely to Disrupt the Prescription Drug Distribution Chain," Duane Morris Alert, February 7, 2019
Co-author, "FDA Releases Draft Guidance on Voluntary Recalls," Duane Morris Alert, May 13, 2019
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "The CMS Final Rule on Hospital Price Transparency: Why Your Clients Should Start Complying Now," the Duane Morris Health Practice Learning Series, February 21, 2020