He is a member of the Commercial Financial Services Committee of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association and its Subcommittee on Loan Documentation. Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Mr. Teaford is also a member of the Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law sections of the Florida Bar Association.
He is a 1969 graduate of Yale Law School and a graduate of Harvard College.
- $20,000,000 cross-border secured term loan for Finnish subsidiary of US manufacturing company, including an intercreditor agreement between US lender and Finnish bank providing for buyout of derivative swap contract.
- Advised software firm on strategy for terminating ESOP ownership of firm through repurchase of ESOP interests with 5 year promissory notes.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1969
- Duane Morris LLP
- Of Counsel, 2000-present
- Partner, 1979-2000
- Associate, 1969-1979
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
-- Commercial Financial Services Committee
--- Loan Documentation Subcommittee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Business Law Section
-- Tax Exempt Finance Committee
Honors and Awards
Listed in U.S. News/Best Lawyers "The Best Lawyers in America," 2006-2019
- Listed in Best Lawyers Greater Philadelphia, 2016
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Appointed by Philadelphia Mayor Rendell to serve on the Mayor's Housing Partnership Council which is directed to establish a housing and community development strategy for Philadelphia to develop financing resources to support the development of affordable housing and to review the city's housing agencies and programs
- President and Director, Friends Rehabilitation Program, Inc., a non-profit developer and manager of affordable housing, 1985-2000
- "Homeownership for Low-Income Families: The Condominium," 21 HASTINGS L.J. (1970), reprinted in G. Sternlieb, Housing 1970-1971 (1972)