Tran Minh Thanh practices in the area of corporate law. Mr. Tran has worked with clients on matters involving real estate, corporate, investment, project finance, and mergers and acquisitions for both domestic and international corporations.
Mr. Tran is a graduate of Hanoi School of Law Faculty of Economy and Vietnam Judicial Academy.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Advised an international shipyard group in expanding its Asia-wide investment project related to acquisitions, the purchase of a shipyard, the opening of a central warehouse and establishing multiple joint ventures.
- Advised a state-owned bank on its equitization, including IPO and sale of shares to strategic investors.
- Advised an international bidder on its attempted acquisition of a strategic stake in a state-owned insurance company.
- Advised a U.S. investment firm on its acquisition of shares of a hydropower JSC in Vietnam.
- Advised a foreign firm on its acquisition of shares/equities in several seafood manufacturing companies in Vietnam.
- Advised and supervised a staff housing loan program implemented in Vietnam by an international bank.
- Advised an international bank's branch in Singapore on its private banking services program to be implemented in Vietnam.
- Advised a state bank on a US $90 million financing of 100 MW hydropower plant.
- Advised a real estate corporation in Vietnam on its hotel management agreements with an international hotel manager for a deluxe hotel project in Hanoi.
- Assisted an international hotel manager on its hotel management agreements with a developer for a hotel project in Nha Trang, Vietnam.
- Assisted an investment company on its BOT project in Lao PDR.
- Advised a world-leading textile corporation on establishment of its subsidiaries over Vietnam.
- Assisted a foreign-owned capital developer on site clearance works for a new urban area in Hanoi.
- Advised and acted as leading lawyer for a joint stock bank on several debt claims against clients under Hanoi economic court.
- Advised and acted as leading lawyer for a foreign-owned capital bank in Vietnam for several debt claims against clients under Hanoi economic court.
- Advised and assisted a foreign subcontractor on a dispute over payments under construction subcontract with the foreign contractor for a complex of trade center and apartments in Hanoi.
- Advised and acted as key local lawyer for a European government on the negotiation with the Vietnamese government to recover land and properties in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, owned by the European government prior to 1975.
- Advised and acted as key local lawyer for a foreign company on the BOT contracts disputes with a state-owned group from Vietnam.
- Vietnam Judicial Academy, J.D. equivalent, 2006
- Hanoi School of Law, Faculty of Economy, LL.B., 2004
- Duane Morris Vietnam
- Associate, 2009-present
- YKVN Lawyers
- Associate, 2004-2009
- Viet Brand Management Consultant Co. Ltd. (Vmarque)
- Attorney, 2004
- Member of Hanoi Bar Association, Vietnam
- Member of American Chamber of Commerce, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Member of New York Bar Association
- Co-author, "Right to Retail," Vietnam Economic Times, January 2011
- Co-author, Country Guides – Securities and Banking, Thomson Reuters 2011, 2012
- Co-author, "Doing Business in Vietnam," Duane Morris Guides Book