Tyler Marandola practices in the area of intellectual property litigation and related technology litigation. Mr. Marandola has experience representing a broad array of industries, including life sciences, software, manufacturing and gaming.
Mr. Marandola has litigated patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, licensing, and other business disputes in both state and federal court, and at both the trial and appellate levels. He also has experience in inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Mr. Marandola also counsels clients with respect to intellectual property issues, including the acquisition and enforcement of intellectual property rights, licensing issues and other transactional matters.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Marandola served as a law clerk to the Honorable Mitchell S. Goldberg of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania from 2013-2014, and as a law clerk to the Honorable Victor Ashrafi of the Superior Court of New Jersey – Appellate Division from 2012-2013.
Prior to joining Duane Morris, Mr. Marandola worked in the intellectual property litigation group of a national law firm.
Areas of Practice
Intellectual Property Law
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2012
- Seton Hall University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2009
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
Ballard Spahr LLP
- Associate, 2014-2018
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Mitchell S. Goldberg, 2013-2014
New Jersey Superior Court – Appellate Division
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Victor Ashrafi, 2012-2013
Honors and Awards
- Named an "Unsung Hero" in The Legal Intelligencer’s Professional Excellence Awards 2020