Victoria R. Danta practices in the area of intellectual property law with a focus on trademarks. Ms. Danta has experience in brand protection, compliance, intellectual property litigation and internal investigations, including dozens of litigations under the Lanham Act, Copyright Act, and state laws.
Ms. Danta represents and counsels clients of all sizes, in a variety of industries, obtaining and enforcing trademarks and copyrights. In the last two years, Ms. Danta has obtained hundreds of injunctions, numerous seizure orders and temporary restraining orders, and asset freezes of counterfeiters online and at brick-and-mortar outlets. She has also obtained seizure orders and temporary restraining orders against hackers phishing for consumers’ data. Ms. Danta also litigates U.S. Patent and Trademark Office TTAB proceedings, and prosecutes trademark applications and responds to Office Actions.
Ms. Danta also has “white collar” and internal investigation experience, having worked on a variety of U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigation proceedings, and U.S. and state False Claim Act proceedings. Additionally, Ms. Danta responded to subpoenas by a variety of federal agencies and helped negotiate consent decrees.
Ms. Danta is member of the International Trademark Association and the International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition, and has served as a member of the Government Ethics Committee for the NYC Bar Association. Ms. Danta also volunteers at Fordham University School of Law where she conducts mock interviews and supports fellowships for law students.
Ms. Danta is a 2010 graduate of Fordham University School of Law and a graduate of Lehigh University.
Areas of Practice
Intellectual Property Litigation
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Lehigh University, B.A., 2007
Duane Morris LLP
- Staff Attorney, 2019-present
- Associate, 2011-2014, 2016-2019
Ballard Spahr LLP
- Associate, 2014-2016
- Co-author, "The Streaming Loophole Is, Finally, Closed," The Computer Internet & Lawyer, July/August 2021
- Co-author, "December 2020 COVID-19 Relief Bill Finally Closes the Streaming Loophole," Duane Morris Alert, February 2, 2021
- Co-author, "How to Build Relationships With Influencers (Part 2)," Fashion Mannuscript, October 1, 2020
- Co-author, "How to Build Relationships With Influencers (Part 1)," Fashion Mannuscript, September 1, 2020
Co-author, "Are Trademarks FUCT? SCOTUS Strikes Down Ban on Registering "Immoral" and "Scandalous" Trademarks," Duane Morris Alert, June 28, 2019