Zabrina Hamid is a Director of Selvam LLC in the Corporate Real Estate Practice. She has over 10 years’ experience advising public and private companies, as well as private individuals, on a wide range of real estate matters relating to commercial, industrial and residential properties. She advises on property acquisitions and disposals, property financing and refinancing, mortgages, and loans. Zabrina also advises on leases, landlord and tenant matters, regulatory and compliance. She was previously the head of the Property Law Department of another Singapore law firm, which was on the Central Provident Fund Board Panel for its real estate matters.
Prior to legal practice, Zabrina was engaged in editing notable legal periodicals and works such as The Singapore Law Reports, Asian International Arbitration Journal, The Malayan Law Journal, and Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore.
Zabrina obtained her LL.B. (Hons.) from the National University of Singapore. She qualified as an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 1990 and is a Commissioner for Oaths. Zabrina is bilingual in English and Malay.
Areas of Practice
Corporate Real Estate
Wills & Probate
Selvam LLC is a Singapore Law Practice in Joint Venture with Duane Morris LLP, under Duane Morris & Selvam LLP.
- National University of Singapore, LL.B. (Hons), 1988
- Director, 2018-present
Tito Isaac & Co LLP
- Partner, 2012-2018
- Legal Associate, 2008-2012
- Legal Associate, 2006-2008
Member of the Law Society of Singapore
Member of the Singapore Academy of Law
Honors and Awards
The Prime Minister's Book Prize, 1982
- Author, "COVID-19: The legislative framework for the security and use of electronic signatures in Singapore," Duane Morris Alert, April 11, 2020
- Co-author, "Loan Obligations: Relief Measures During the COVID-19 Pandemic," Duane Morris Alert, April 22, 2020
"Transformative Action in Real Estate," Selvam LLC, January 28, 2019
- Advised individuals and corporate entities in the acquisition, disposition, charge, mortgage and/or refinancing of residential, commercial and industrial properties.
- Acted for the Central Provident Fund Board in the charge and withdrawal of CPF monies as well as discharge of charge and refund of CPF monies.
- Advised certain local and foreign banks on loan facilities for the purchase, mortgage and/or refinancing of residential, commercial and industrial properties.
- Advised a local SME in negotiations for the acquisition of a JTC factory for meat processing.
- Advised a prominent international corporate client on the multi-million dollar acquisition of prominent office premises in the Central Business District.