Arti Fotedar practices litigation in the area of health law and has an in-depth understanding of the needs of healthcare clients. Ms. Fotedar represents hospitals, laboratories, and other healthcare facilities in complex commercial disputes and government investigations involving reimbursement issues, compliance, and fraud and abuse.
Ms. Fotedar graduated from Georgetown University Law Center, where she served as an editor of the Food and Drug Law Journal. She also received a Master of Public Health from Columbia University.
Ms. Fotedar previously served as a Legal Fellow in the Office of General Counsel at NYU Langone Medical Center. She also worked at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative during law school.
While at Duane Morris, Ms. Fotedar has served on the Food and Drug Law Journal’s Editorial Review Board with the Food and Drug Law Institute. Ms. Fotedar also maintains an active pro bono practice and has experience assisting clients with obtaining asylum and resentences for convictions.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Food and Drug Law Journal
- Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, M.P.H.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.S.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A.
- Co-author, “CMS Rules for Coding Emergency Department Claims,” Duane Morris Health Law Blog, April 26, 2023