Mr. Steinman represents public and private issuers, underwriters and individual investors in a wide range of transactional work. He advises companies, including those in the life sciences, real estate, and financial technology (fintech) sectors, with respect to SEC regulations, compliance issues and other corporate and securities law matters, such as public reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and communications with analysts and investors.
Mr. Steinman has substantial experience representing both buyers and sellers of assets, stock and other business interests in a range of merger, acquisition and other business combination transactions. Mr. Steinman advises a broad range of both public and private business entities in a wide variety of matters, including corporate or partnership governance and fiduciary duty issues, and an array of contractual and other business law issues.
Mr. Steinman is a 2007 graduate of Cornell Law School and a graduate of Concordia University.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Securities Law
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented an Opportunity Fund in formation and private placement offering in connection with the development of a 127 unit apartment complex in Vancouver, Washington.
- Represented the Refac Optical Group, a leading provider of vision care products and services, in the sale of one of its subsidiaries, Nationwide Optical Group, Inc., to Clarkson EyeCare Partners, Inc.
- Represented Unilife Corp. (NASDAQ: UNIS/ASX: UNS), a developer, manufacturer, and supplier of injectable drug delivery systems, in connection with the sale, through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, of substantially all of its assets to an affiliate of OrbiMed Advisors LLC, a leading investment firm focused on healthcare, and Amgen Inc., (NASDAQ: AMGN), a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufacturers and delivers human therapeutics for patients with serious illnesses.
- Represented Unilife Corp. (NASDAQ: UNIS/ASX: UNS) in connection with its announced effort to seek strategic alternatives, culminating in a strategic collaboration with Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN) for Unilife's wearable injectable drug delivery systems to use with Amgen's biologics and other medicines. The deal provides Unilife with investments of up to $90 million from Amgen and restructures Unilife's existing debt with OrbiMed.
- Represented CTI Group (Holdings) Inc. (OTC: CTIG) in its $22.5 million sale to Enghouse Systems Limited (TSX: ESL) through its wholly-owned subsidiary, New Acquisitions Corporation.
- Represented private equity firm Clarion Capital Partners and its portfolio company Lenox Corporation in Lenox's successful $22.2 million bid in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts to acquire, in a Section 363 sale, substantially all of the assets of Reed and Barton Corporation, a prominent American silversmith manufacturer.
- Represented Aurigene Discovery Technologies Limited in its collaboration, license and option agreement with Curis, Inc. for immuno-oncology and selected precision oncology targets.
- Represented VEREIT, Inc. (NYSE: VER) a NYSE-traded REIT, in a merger transaction valued at $3.2 billion to acquire American Realty Capital Trust III, Inc., a "non-traded" REIT. The combined company as a result of the merger had pro forma enterprise value of $10 billion.
- Represented Lehigh Gas Partners LP, a wholesale motor fuel distributor now known as CrossAmerica Partners LLP, in connection with its $138 million IPO.
- Represented FMC Corp. (NYSE: FMC), a leading global chemicals company, in its multinational acquisition of the assets of Adventus Group, which include patents and intellectual property related to bioremediation technology for chlorinated organic compounds, pesticides and hazardous metals, from two private equity companies. The consideration provided in connection with the acquisition was not disclosed.
- Represented a NYSE MKT-traded company in its agreement to acquire a majority equity interest in a full-service investment bank in exchange for the company’s contribution of its $45 million equity interest in its broker-dealer subsidiary.
- Represented a NYSE MKT-traded company in a debt-exchange transaction.
- Represented Orthovita, Inc., a Nasdaq-traded specialty spine and orthopedic company with a portfolio of orthobiologic and biosurgery products, in its agreement to be acquired by Stryker Corp. for $316 million through an all-cash tender offer followed by a second-step merger.
- Represented a national home renovation company in connection with a shareholder buyout and reorganization.
- Represented two nonprofit organizations in the negotiation of their respective educational products and services contracts.
- Represented a privately held investment firm in its acquisition of a publicly held specialty finance company in an equity exchange.
- New York
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2007
- Concordia University, B.Comm., 2002
Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2018-present
- Associate, 2010-2017
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo P.C.
- Associate, 2007-2009
- Summer Associate, 2006
- Co-author, "SEC Adopts 'Regulation A+' Rules," Duane Morris Alert, April 10, 2015
- Co-author, "SEC Proposes Say-on-Pay and Say-on-Golden-Parachute Rules," Duane Morris Alert, November 5, 2010