Dana C. Blakslee practices in the area of corporate and securities law and intellectual property licensing, with a focus on emerging businesses, venture capital and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Blakslee is a member of the Boston Bar Association. He is a 1985 graduate of Stanford Law School and a graduate of Hobart College.
- Represented a leading public relations and strategic communications consulting firm focused on the healthcare industry in its $21.5 million sale to a global private equity-backed marketing and communications company.
- Represented Wockhardt USA, LLC, and its US affiliated companies, as US counsel, in connection with a $250 million international secured credit facility provided by certain Indian banks to Wockhardt Ltd., an Indian company and parent of Wockhardt USA, LLC.
- Represented New Hampshire-based Unitil Corporation (NYSE: UTL) in its sale of $30 million aggregate principal amount of 3.70% senior notes to several well-known insurance companies.
- Represented Balchem Corporation (NASDAQ:BCPC) in its acquisition of Performance Chemicals & Ingredients Company (d/b/a SensoryEffects), a privately held supplier of customized food and beverage ingredient systems, for a purchase price of $567 million in cash.
- Represented SchoolChapters, Inc. (an educational solutions provider dedicated to standards-based education quality management, accreditation services and community-based resources for educators and learners) in its sale to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company (a global learning company with the mission of changing people's lives by fostering passionate, curious learners).
- Represented Balchem Corporation in a $450 million syndicated credit facility led by Bank of America. (NASDAQ: BCPC)
- Represented Multimodal Technologies, Inc. in the sale of 100 percent of its outstanding equity securities in a reverse triangular merger to Miami Acquisition Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of Medquist Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:MEDH), for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $130 million, including approximately $50 million in cash at closing, approximately $50 million in Medquist common stock at closing, and approximately $30 million of deferred payments payable in three annual installments.
- Represented venture capital and private equity firms in their investments in emerging businesses in various industries.
- Represented technology-related development stage companies and their founders in venture capital financing transactions.
- Represented an agency of the Ministry of Production of the Russian Federation in an exclusive licensing and marketing arrangement involving rocket and space technology with a major U.S. space contractor.
- Represented a publicly held biotechnology company in its development stage financing, initial public offering, subsequent private placement of equity securities, acquisition of a subsidiary manufacturing company, various domestic and international licensing agreements, and SEC reporting and securities law compliance.
- Represented an American Stock Exchange manufacturing company in acquisitions, major financings, supply and manufacturing agreements, SEC reporting and securities law compliance, development and implementation of a corporate legal compliance program, and other day-to-day corporate and business matters.
- Represented a Japanese distributor of computer software and components and its U.S. subsidiary in a worldwide licensing and distribution agreement.
- Represented a software company in its strategic investment in a development stage company with newly developed technology complementary to its existing proprietary products.
- Represented the stockholder group (including venture capital investors and senior management) of a publisher of a magazine having a national circulation in the sale of all of the capital stock of the company to a Fortune 500 company.
- Represented communications companies in sales of radio stations.
- Represented numerous principals of closely held businesses in buy-sell agreements, voting agreements, ownership transition agreements and other shareholders agreements of many types.
- Represented a Mexican company in its acquisition of the assets and business of a Mexican manufacturing subsidiary of a publicly traded United States manufacturer and distributor of electrolytic capacitors.
- Represented an early stage venture funded company focused on career counseling and internet job recruitment in four rounds of venture financing, several significant strategic partnering agreements, and three strategic acquisitions, including the acquisition of a software company selling complementary software products and tools in a tax-free reverse triangular merger transaction and the acquisitions of substantially all of the assets and business of two competing internet job recruiting companies.
- Represented a leading publisher of health information in the fields of alternative and integrative medicine in four rounds of venture financing, several significant strategic partnering agreements, the acquisition of the assets and business of a company in a complementary business, and its subsequent sale to a publicly traded publisher of consumer health information in a tax-free, stock-for-stock, reverse triangular merger transaction.
- Represented a cardiac telemedicine and emergency medical services company in its seed round of financing, several strategic partnering agreements, a strategic financing from a publicly traded ambulance and emergency services company and its subsequent sale to an unrelated publicly traded medical services company in a tax-free, reverse triangular merger transaction.
- Represented a developer and manufacturer of hydrogen generators and regenerative hydrogen fuel cell systems in three rounds of venture financing, a significant product development and distribution agreement, several sales representative and distribution agreements and other day to day corporate and business matters.
- Represented a software company in two rounds of venture capital financing, significant licensing and distribution agreements, the development and refinement of its standard form of client licensing agreement and other corporate and business matters.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1985
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 1999-2000; 2001-present
- Experience.com, Inc
- Vice President of Corporate Development, 2000-2001
- Burns & Levinson LLP, Boston, Massachusetts
- Partner, 1992-1999
- Associate, 1985-1992
- Boston Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®