Derek Franklin practices in the area of employment law, with experience in employment disputes, business litigation and class actions. Mr. Franklin defends businesses in employment law matters ranging from nationwide class and collective action lawsuits to single-plaintiff lawsuits and administrative charges. Mr. Franklin’s practice extends to federal and state courts throughout the United States, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor and multiple state agencies managing employment, labor, and wage and hour issues. He also advises and counsels clients on a wide range of legal issues, including the creation and implementation of workplace procedures and policies.
Mr. Franklin is a 2020 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law, where he was the Executive Editor of the Illinois Business Law Journal, and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2020
- Executive Editor, Illinois Business Law Journal
- CALI Awards for the highest grades in Pre-Trial Litigation, Legal Research, and Consumer Finance
- University of Wisconsin--Madison, B.A., with honors, 2017
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2023-present
- Jackson Lewis PC
- Associate, 2020-2023
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
“Dormant Due Process: Revisiting State Legislative Uprisings Against NCAA Enforcement Procedures,” 27 The Sports Lawyers Journal 137, 2020
Note, “Legislating Low-Wage Non-Competes: Reconciling Policy Interests with Common Law,” 23 Illinois Business Law Journal 25, 2018