Edward M. Cramp represents institutions of higher education around the United States in accreditation, regulatory, litigation, and transactional matters. He also serves as the managing partner of the firm’s San Diego office.
Mr. Cramp is active in the private postsecondary education community. He regularly speaks at conferences and events throughout the country on a variety of issues.
Mr. Cramp served as a judge advocate in the United States Navy, where he was appointed to the rank of Lieutenant Commander. During his time in the naval service, he defended numerous matters before courts-martial and administrative boards. He also represented the interests of the United States in claims brought against and on behalf of the Navy.
Mr. Cramp is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and LGBTQ rights. He serves on the steering committee of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion program. He regularly represents members of the LGBTQ community in civil rights matters on a pro bono basis and is active in the local LGBTQ community.
Mr. Cramp is admitted to practice in California and Illinois. He is a graduate, with honors, of the Illinois Institute of Technology's Chicago-Kent College of Law and a graduate of the University of California, Riverside.
Areas of Practice
- Higher Education
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1996
- University of California, Riverside, B.A. Economics, B.A. Political Science, 1993
Duane Morris LLP
- Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP, San Diego, California
- Associate, 2001-2003
- United States Navy, Judge Advocate General's Corps, San Diego, California
- Trial Attorney, Judge Advocate, 1996-2000
- General Counsel, American Association of Cosmetology Schools
- General Counsel, Beauty Changes Lives Foundation
- Federal Club Member, Human Rights Campaign
Member, Tom Homann LGBT Law Association
- Co-author, "Seventh Circuit Rules Cosmetology Students Are Not Employees," Duane Morris Alerts, August 29, 2017
Selected Speaking Engagements
"Between Storms: Use the Opportunity to Recraft Transparent, Fair and Successful Admissions Processes," CECU Annual Convention, Orlando, Florida, June 4, 2018