Kristopher W. Peters practices in the area of immigration law, focusing on employment-based visa sponsorship and regulatory compliance. Kristopher has experience advising, preparing and reviewing nonimmigrant visa petitions and applications; employment and family-based immigrant visa petitions; and advising on related day-to-day immigration issues related to changes in employment, maintenance of status, work authorization, and I-9 compliance. He also assists employers through all stages of the PERM Labor Certification process.
Kristopher is a 2020 cum laude graduate of St. John’s University School of Law, where he was executive notes and comments editor for the ABI Law Review and a Fellow for the Center for International and Comparative Law (CICL). He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
Areas of Practice
- Temporary Visa Petitions and Consular Assistance: U.S. Business Visitors; Specialty Workers (H-1B, H-1B1, E-3); Intra-Company Transferees (L); Extraordinary Ability (O); and USMCA Professionals for Canadian and Mexican citizens (TN-1 & TN-2).
- Immigrant Visa Petitions and Permanent Residency Applications: Noncitizens of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researchers, and Multinational Managers (EB-1); PERM Sponsorship for Advanced Degree Professionals, Professionals, and Skilled Workers (EB-2 & 3); National Interest Waivers (EB-2); Family Based Petitions, and associated Adjustment of Status (AOS) applications.
- Corporate Immigration Compliance: I-9 Compliance; Corporate Restructuring and Successor-in-Interest (SII); Changes in Employment.
- New York
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2020
- Executive Notes and Comments Editor, ABI Law Journal
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, B.A., 2015
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2023-present
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy LLP
- Associate, 2022-2023
- Jackson Lewis PC
- Associate, 2020-2022
- The LGBT Bar Association of New York
- New York City Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Co-author, "White House Artificial Intelligence Executive Order Impacts Myriad Sectors of the Law," Duane Morris Alert, November 6, 2023
- Co-author, "New White House Executive Order Highlights Increased Complexity in AI Regulation – A Cross-Practice Overview," Duane Morris Artificial Intelligence Blog, November 3, 2023
- Co-author, "Homeland Security Announces New Form I-9 and Optional Alternative to Physical Document Examination for Employment Eligibility Verification," Duane Morris Alert, July 27, 2023
- Co-author, "Ensuring I-9 Compliance As Remote Flexibility Sunsets," Law360, May 23, 2023
- Co-author, "I-9 Remote Physical Inspection Flexibility Ending July 31, 2023: Employers Have Until August 30 to Bring I-9s into Full Compliance," Duane Morris Alert, May 19, 2023
- Co-author, "USCIS International Entrepreneur Parole Program Gets Some Guidelines," Duane Morris Immigration Blog, April 24, 2023
“O-1 and EB-1 Visa Adjudication Following USCIS Change,” National Law Review March 10, 2022
“O-1 Visas Abound: USCIS Provides Detailed Guidance on O-1 Visa Eligibility, National Law Review, January 28, 2022
“Major Immigration Law Changes in House’s Build Back Better Act, National Law Review, December 3, 2021
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Immigration Compliance Update 2023," Duane Morris Institute (DMi) Webinar, September 19, 2023