Leo F. Doyle, Jr. serves as a team lead for the firm's Banking and Finance industry group. Mr. Doyle practices in the area of litigation with a focus on banking, regulatory and internal investigations. Prior to joining Duane Morris, Mr. Doyle spent more than 10 years at TD Bank, N.A., including at the bank’s predecessor, Commerce Bank, N.A., and most recently as Senior Vice President/Deputy Director of United States Litigation/Head of the United States Regulatory and Internal Investigations.
In his time at TD Bank, the largest bank by assets in the Delaware Valley and the eighth largest in the United States, Mr. Doyle worked hand-in-hand with inside and outside counsel to identify, address and manage internal and external regulatory issues and legal matters, and was charged with updating members of the bank’s executive management on material legal concerns. He oversaw a diverse docket of legal matters including complex financial criminal litigation involving issues such as fraud, embezzlement and check kiting, as well as state and federal regulatory compliance issues, inquiries and investigations.
Mr. Doyle is a 1985 graduate of Temple University, Beasley School of Law, and a cum laude graduate of Widener University.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Widener University, B.S.B.A., cum laude, 1982
Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2018-present
TD Bank, N.A.
- Senior Vice President/Deputy Director of United States Litigation/Head of United States Regulatory and Internal Investigations, 2017-2018
- Senior Vice President/Managing Attorney and Director, Retail Litigation, 2008-2017
Commerce Bank, N.A.
- Co-Chair, Legal Department, 2007-2008
- Deputy General Counsel, 2005-2007
Whelan and Doyle
- Partner, 1985-2005