Matthew W. Gaspari practices in the area of corporate law. Mr. Gaspari’s practice includes the representation of commercial banks, private equity funds, financial institutions, non-bank lenders, leasing companies and other participants in the financial services industry in a wide variety of corporate and financial transactions including asset-based and cash flow financings, secured financings and acquisition financings. Mr. Gaspari also has experience with U.S. and cross-border sale, lease and financing transactions, involving commercial aircraft and railcars.
Mr. Gaspari is a 2016 cum laude graduate of Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he was editor-at-large of the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal, and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Finance
- Healthcare Finance
- Private Equity
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2016
- Editor-at-Large, Loyola University Chicago Law Journal
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 2011
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2020-present
- Vedder Price PC
- Associate, 2016-2020
Honors and Awards
- Named to Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," 2022
- Co-author, "Federal Reserve Takes Significant Steps to Expand the Main Street Lending Program," Duane Morris Alert, June 11, 2020
- Co-author, "Federal Reserve Updates Main Street Lending Program Guidance and Publishes Form Loan Documents," Duane Morris Alert, June 3, 2020
Represented CIBC Bank USA as administrative agent and lead lender in a $40 million syndicated refinancing to a group of specialty manufacturing companies, which consisted of (i) a term loan secured by mortgages in California and Montana and (ii) a term loan, a capital expenditures loan and a revolving credit facility for the operation of the facilities located on the properties.
Represented Popular Bank as administrative agent and lender in a $50 million refinancing, which consisted of a term loan secured by mortgages in Florida and North Carolina and a revolving credit facility for the operation of the skilled nursing home facilities located on the properties.