Paul-Raphael Shehadeh is an associate based in the London office. His practice focuses on international dispute resolution through international arbitration and trial. Mr. Shehadeh has experience in resolving disputes across a wide range of industry sectors, including oil and gas, energy, banking, mining and technology.
Mr. Shehadeh’s international arbitration experience spans both investment and commercial arbitrations proceeding under ICSID, UNCITRAL, ICC and LCIA rules, advising claimant and respondent parties. His civil litigation experience includes statutory consumer protection claims, competition law claims, and corporate and trust law disputes. He has assisted with group litigation and collective proceedings in the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal respectively.
Much of Mr. Shehadeh’s work involves matters with a cross-border element, engaging his knowledge of private international law principles and familiarity with civil law legal systems and multilateral private international law treaties.
Mr. Shehadeh holds a Bachelor’s degree in jurisprudence from the University of Oxford and received a Master of Laws in European and International Economic Law from Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich. He speaks English and German and has a working knowledge of French.
- England and Wales
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, LL.M., European and International Economic Law, 2015
- Christ Church, Oxford University, B.A. Jur., 2012
- Duane Morris
- Associate, 2023-present
- Velitor Law
- Paralegal, 2021-2023
- Derains & Gharavi
- Trainee, 2020
- Arnold & Porter
- Law Clerk, International Arbitration, 2018-2019
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Dispute Resolution Paralegal, 2017-2018
- Contributor, Duane Morris International Arbitration Blog
- Co-author, "Refinements and Reforms of the Arbitration Act 1996: Reforming Landmark Legislation," Construction Law, August/September 2023
- Co-author, "‘Going Rogue’ Revisited: Financial Sanctions and Their Impact on Enforcement Proceedings," Construction Law, May 2, 2023
Co-author, “Evaluating the UK Jurisdiction Taskforce’s ‘Digital Dispute Resolution Rules, 1.0’,” Jus Mundi Blog, 20 September 2021
Co-author, “The Sapin 2 Law: France’s New Vessel in the Treacherous Waters of Enforcement Immunity,” Journal of the Russian Arbitration Association, March 2019