Rosanne Ciambrone practices in the area of business reorganization, financial restructuring, bankruptcy law and commercial litigation. She represents both borrowers and lenders in all facets of bankruptcy as well as in out-of-court restructurings. Ms. Ciambrone has represented financial institutions, insurance companies, indenture trustees, other creditors and borrowers in bankruptcy cases, debt restructurings and secured transactions. Her diverse practice includes extensive commercial litigation.
Admitted to practice in Illinois, Ms. Ciambrone is a member of the International Women's Insolvency Restructuring Confederation, the Justinian Society, and the National Association of Women Lawyers. She is a 1988 graduate of the University of Notre Dame Law School and a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Areas of Practice
- Business Reorganization
- Financial Restructuring
- Commercial Litigation
- Obtained million-dollar verdict in favor of international bank following a week-long federal jury trial concerning breach of a support agreement arising out of a multi-million dollar bond financing transaction.
- Successfully defeated chapter 11 debtor's plan of reorganization following two-week bench trial in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada, Reno Division, enabling lender to obtain title to multimillion-dollar apartment complex pledged as collateral for credit facility.
- Successfully defended rights of creditor bank against a bankrupt debtor's proposed plan of reorganization, a local residential real estate developer, during a five-day bench trial in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Defended a group of officers and directors of a Delaware corporation in an action brought by the bankruptcy trustee for the Central District of Illinois in a chapter 11 bankruptcy adversary proceeding. Obtained summary judgement in their favor on breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Successfully prosecuted objection to Chapter 11 plan of reorganization seeking reorganization of a local real estate developer in a week long bench trial in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Represented special servicers and secured lenders in pursuit of remedies in commercial mortgage real estate loans, including foreclosure proceedings, deeds of foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented commercial debtors in Chapter 11 proceedings in various industries.
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Justinian Society
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1988
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1985
Clerk for Judge Anthony Scariano of the Illinois Appellate Court
- 1988 - 1989
- Jones Community Center
Honors and Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2023
Crain’s Custom Media list of Chicago’s Notable Women Lawyers 2018
Leading Lawyers Network: Chicago's Top Rated Lawyers 2013-2018
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Author, "Should Bankruptcy Professionals Be Compensated for Defending Their Fee Applications?" Volume 33, Number 9, The Bankruptcy Strategist, July 2016
- Co-author, "Discharge Exception for Fraud by Corporate Insider Is More Broad Than Circuit Court of Appeals Had Thought," Duane Morris Alert, May 16, 2016
- Author, "Spinning Off an Underperforming Division," Corporate Counsel, 2014
- Featured in "Rosanne Ciambrone: Making the Best of Difficult Bankruptcy Situations," Leading Lawyers Network Magazine – Women's Edition, 2012
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Food for Thought," Greater Chicago Food Depository, Webinar, May 13, 2020
- Speaker, "What A Difference A Year Makes: A Review of 2019 Hot Button Topics in Bankruptcy & Restructuring," NAWL Women in Bankruptcy & Restructuring, Webinar, November 21, 2019