Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, he is a former patent agent and an experienced electrical engineer.
A 1980 graduate of Rutgers School of Law - Camden, he received his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Mr. Gribok is an Eagle Scout and a Vietnam-era U.S. Army veteran.
- Drafted and/or prosecuted patent applications for a major nuclear power generation component manufacturer, including technologies related to passive safety cooling system aspects; combatting loose debris in flow lines; process control software for maintenance prediction, and control room displays.
- Established and maintained U.S. patent portfolio for European plumbing and bath fixtures manufacturer, obtaining hundreds of patents for design and utility aspects of mixing water valves, showers aerators and related devices over 35 years.
- Prepared and prosecuted US and PCT international applications for startup data communications products manufacturer using polarization state discrimination to enhance wavelength division multiplex communications.
- Prosecuted numerous matters involving analog and digital video.
- Handled US patent and trademark portfolio for established suppliers of coin and token acceptors, including branching out into new smartcard technologies with IP acquisitions.
- Obtained US patent protection for series of amusement park waterslide inventions enabling courses with uphill and downhill runs.
- Drafted and prosecuted U.S. Patent Re 33,045 - Markman, the patent involved in the watershed patent infringement case of Markman v. Westview Instruments, 517 U.S. 370 (1996), and supported infringement litigation of the patent in PA and NJ, appeal to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and to the U.S. Supreme Court, and an action against the Commissioner of Patents under 35 U.S.C. 145. Prepared and prosecuted patent application in UPC and RFID identification systems for the company.
- Developed US and international patent portfolio in self-erecting cardboard boxes adapted for fold-and-glue production machinery.
- Prepared and prosecuted international portfolio of patents involving alternative power arrangements for mobile reverse osmosis water purification systems for military and disaster relief applications.
- Handled international portfolio of patents for fracking water management.
- Prepared and prosecuted technology in remotely operated undersea vehicles, offshore petroleum technologies, spill assessment and remediation.
- Drafted and handled portfolios involving digital imaging systems for pathologists and for blood count assessments.
- Developed patent portfolios in diverse technologies including: laboratory animal housing systems; video production test equipment; pharmaceutical antidepressant peptide compositions; business method patents in insurance, building maintenance and security fields; gaming machines, terminals and networks; solid waste management containers, compactors, vehicles and handling devices; hunters' accessories and decoys; Internet search engine and web crawler technology.
- Supported intellectual property litigation in patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition matters on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants.
- Negotiated settlements in patent and copyright claims to avert litigation.
- Negotiated patent and copyright license and independent contractor agreements and license arrangements.
- Develop patent portfolio in video production test equipment; Close support in defensive infringement litigation.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, J.D., with honors, 1980
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.EE., 1971
Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 1999-2016, presently of counsel.
- Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Partner, 1990-1999
- Steele, Gould & Fried, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Partner, 1985-1990
- Associate, 1980-1985
- Corning Glass Works, Erwin, New York
- Control Engineer, 1973-1977
- United States Army, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Electrical Engineer, 1971-1973
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- "Intellectual Property Topics for Mobile-Device Healthcare and Medical Information Technology," mHealth Newsletter, June 26, 2013
- Co-Author, "mHealth Stakeholders: Bullet List of Legal Considerations," mHealth Newsletter, May 21, 2012; republished by Law360, June 4, 2012
- "Warnings for Trade-Dress Protection on the Road to the Supreme Court, "The Legal Intelligencer, August 3, 2000
- Co-Author, "Silhouette Case Shades Parallel Importation Rules in Europe," The Legal Intelligencer, April 1, 1999