Real Estate: Financing
Duane Morris attorneys have extensive experience counseling lenders, borrowers and loan servicers throughout the entire life cycle of a wide variety of commercial financing transactions, including structuring, negotiation, documentation and enforcement of these loans. Our clients include a variety of lenders, such as local, regional, national and international financial institutions, private lenders, family offices and real estate dedicated funds.
Our experience includes:
- Agency and syndicated financing
- Loan participations
- Acquisition financing
- Construction financing
- Permanent and mini-permanent financing
- Portfolio financing
- Bridge financing
- Mezzanine financing
- Commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) transactions
- Asset-based financing
- Public and project financing
- Tax credit financing
- Workouts, receivership and foreclosure
We advise clients with respect to financings in a wide range of industries, such as:
- Hospitality, gaming and recreation, including hotels, casinos and marinas
- Retail, including shopping centers (both regional and strip centers), gas stations, drug/convenience stores and automobile dealerships
- Residential, including multifamily, affordable housing, senior housing and mixed-use projects
- Education, including student housing projects
- Commercial, including office, warehouse and industrial projects
- Healthcare, including hospitals, substance abuse treatment centers, CCRCs, skilled-nursing, assisted-living and memory care facilities
- Energy and natural resources, including solar and wind projects
Every financing transaction has its nuances, and we draw on many years of experience representing lenders and borrowers to advise our clients in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Duane Morris attorneys are experienced in an array of conventional as well as nonconventional transaction structures.
With offices in most major U.S. markets as well as in London and Asia, our attorneys provide the level of domestic and international coverage and experience required for our clients’ matters. In addition, our depth of industry knowledge and full-service capabilities enables us to call on focused practitioners when needed, such as our Healthcare Group for healthcare financing matters.
Many Duane Morris attorneys are active in the CRE Finance Council, Urban Land Institute, International Council of Shopping Centers, NAIOP, Appraisal Institute, community development corporations, and various national and local professional associations and trade organizations. In addition, Commercial Property Executive has repeatedly ranked Duane Morris as among the top real estate law firms headquartered in the United States. Our Real Estate Group includes attorneys who have been recognized in Chambers USA and hold the distinguished CRE professional designation from The Counselors of Real Estate.
For More Information