Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Receives 61 Attorney and 20 Practice Citations for Excellence from Chambers USA
- Former Hurricane Hitchings Returns to Liberty with a Message of Teamwork and Perseverance
- Duane Morris Names 10 Attorneys to Partnership
- Duane Morris Partner Ron Oliner to Discuss "Municipal Restructuring"
- Duane Morris Partner Ron Oliner to Discuss "Recent Legal Developments Affecting Workouts and OREO Sales: Rethinking Strategies in Light of New Case Law"
- Duane Morris' Cherry Hill Office Presents "Eds and Meds as a Redevelopment Strategy"
- District Court Clarifies Distinction Between Burdens of Proof on Stay Relief and Adequate Protection in American Airlines Bankruptcy
- Second Circuit Establishes Relevant Time Period for "Center of Main Interests" Determination Under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Strategies for Avoiding the Headache of Preference Liability
Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring
For Q1 2012, The Deal ranked Duane Morris #1 by total volume of assets handled in large bankruptcy cases. The Deal consistently ranks Duane Morris among the most active bankruptcy practices in the world.
Not every financially troubled company needs bankruptcy protection. Not every insolvent business needs to shut its doors. At Duane Morris, we work with each client to determine the best strategy for deriving maximum value from a troubled company aimed at accomplishing a result that meets or exceeds the client's goals.
The lawyers in Duane Morris' Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring group have earned a reputation for thoroughly understanding the rights and obligations of the various constituencies involved with a financially distressed company, developing a plan of action designed to achieve the client's goals, and executing the plan under what are often very difficult and rapidly changing circumstances. Regardless of whether the plan of action involves bankruptcy, the enforcement of creditors' rights, an out-of-court financial restructuring transaction, or an insurance company or cross-border insolvency, Duane Morris lawyers are fully prepared to protect and advance the client's interests.
Business publication The Deal consistently ranks Duane Morris as one of the most active bankruptcy practices in the United States. Our lawyers are continuously attuned to all major developments in the law affecting our clients' rights. Indeed, each year the Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring lawyers (with valuable contributions from the firm's real estate, tax, insurance, intellectual property, ERISA and environmental lawyers) prepare our annual publication entitled Risk and Recovery: Developments in Business Bankruptcy and Commercial Finance Law. For clients and friends of the firm, we hold annual seminars in major cities on the most significant legal developments of the past year, other timely topics and the current environment in the capital markets.
Duane Morris has bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors' rights lawyers in many major business and financial centers. This broad geographic reach includes a presence in our offices in New York, Singapore, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Pittsburgh, Newark and Wilmington, Delaware, the U.S. corporate law capital. While we are positioned in close proximity to the majority of our clients, no matter where they are based, our clients benefit from the seamless delivery of our legal services.