Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Practice Groups Receive Top Rankings from U.S. News-Best Lawyers for 2014
- Duane Morris Partner Kenneth M. Argentieri Named Pittsburgh Office Managing Partner
- Duane Morris Receives 61 Attorney and 20 Practice Citations for Excellence from Chambers USA
- Duane Morris Partner Mairi Luce To Discuss "Commercial Real Estate Loans: Structuring Covenants, Events of Default Provisions and MAC Clauses"
- Duane Morris Partner Ron Oliner Will Speak at BASF's Commercial Law and Bankrupcty Section's Annual Symposium on "Recent Developments in Business Bankruptcy"
- Duane Morris Partner Meagen Leary to Present at 13th Annual Trigild Fall Lender Conference
- FACT Act Promises Transparency in Bankruptcy Trust Claims and Payments for Asbestos Exposure
- Glaski Decision Appears to Place Lenders on Notice to Verify Accuracy and Effectiveness of Loan Assignments
- The Applicability of the Massachusetts Wage Act Swells in June 2013
Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring
The Deal consistently ranks Duane Morris among the most active bankruptcy practices in the world. No firm handles more cases with more total assets than Duane Morris. (Active cases involve an estimated $1,023B in assets.)
Not every financially troubled company needs bankruptcy protection. Not every insolvent business needs to shut its doors. At Duane Morris, we work with each client to determine the best strategy for deriving maximum value from a troubled company aimed at accomplishing a result that meets or exceeds the client's goals.
The lawyers in Duane Morris' Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring group have earned a reputation for thoroughly understanding the rights and obligations of the various constituencies involved with a financially distressed company, developing a plan of action designed to achieve the client's goals, and executing the plan under what are often very difficult and rapidly changing circumstances. Regardless of whether the plan of action involves bankruptcy, the enforcement of creditors' rights, an out-of-court financial restructuring transaction, or an insurance company or cross-border insolvency, Duane Morris lawyers are fully prepared to protect and advance the client's interests.
Business publication The Deal consistently ranks Duane Morris as one of the most active bankruptcy practices in the United States. Our lawyers are continuously attuned to all major developments in the law affecting our clients' rights. Indeed, each year the Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring lawyers (with valuable contributions from the firm's real estate, tax, insurance, intellectual property, ERISA and environmental lawyers) prepare our annual publication entitled Risk and Recovery: Developments in Business Bankruptcy and Commercial Finance Law. For clients and friends of the firm, we hold annual seminars in major cities on the most significant legal developments of the past year, other timely topics and the current environment in the capital markets.
Duane Morris has bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors' rights lawyers in many major business and financial centers. This broad geographic reach includes a presence in our offices in New York, Singapore, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Pittsburgh, Newark and Wilmington, Delaware, the U.S. corporate law capital. While we are positioned in close proximity to the majority of our clients, no matter where they are based, our clients benefit from the seamless delivery of our legal services.