- Duane Morris Partner Michael Lastowski Appointed to Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors Board
- Rosanne Ciambrone: Making the Best of Difficult Bankruptcy Situations
- Duane Morris Partner Mairi Luce To Discuss "Commercial Real Estate Loans: Structuring Covenants, Events of Default Provisions and MAC Clauses"
- Duane Morris Partner Meagen Leary to Present at 13th Annual Trigild Fall Lender Conference
- Duane Morris Partner Ron Oliner to Speak at ABA's State and Local Government Law 2013 Annual Meeting
- Bitcoin Exchange Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy Protection; May Have Broader Implications for Digital Currency Industry
- Proceed with Caution When Foreclosing in Washington State: Split Decisions Regarding Deficiency Claims
- Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for Eighth Circuit Reaffirms It Is Not the Forum for Debtors in Pending Bankruptcy Cases to Take Second Bite at the Apple
Financing and Financial Restructuring Transactions
The Deal consistently ranks Duane Morris among the most active bankruptcy practices in the world. No firm handles more cases with more total assets than Duane Morris. (Active cases involve an estimated $1,023B in assets.)
Many lawyers in the Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring group do not describe themselves simply as "bankruptcy" lawyers. This is due to the fact that much of their work involves sophisticated financing, workout and out-of-court debt restructuring transactions that do not involve or require bankruptcy court supervision.
Our lawyers routinely represent individual lenders, lending syndicates, agents and borrowers in both "front-end" asset-based loan and other forms of business financing transactions, as well as all types of financial restructuring transactions, including forbearance and/or amendment agreements, refinancing transactions, debt-for-equity swaps, recapitalizations, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. From simple bilateral transactions involving one lender to syndicated multi-tranche and multi-facility transactions, our transactional lawyers have the knowledge and experience to help our clients get the deal done in a timely manner, regardless of whether court supervision is required.