Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Practice Groups Receive Top Rankings from U.S. News-Best Lawyers for 2014
- Duane Morris Partner Eric Breslin Appointed to New Jersey Supreme Court Criminal Practice Committee
- Duane Morris Philadelphia Office Adds Trial Partner John C. Ryan
- Duane Morris Partner Eric Breslin to Speak at the American Conference Institute's 3rd National Forum
- Duane Morris Partner Jonathan Armstrong to Discuss "Anti-Corruption Compliance: Protecting Directors, Officers and Employees in the New Era of Enforcement"
- Duane Morris Attorney Michael Swit to Speak at "Understanding Crucial Issues in the 510(k) Process" Webinar
- U.S. Supreme Court Restricts Challenges to Pretrial Seizure of Defense Funds
- HFT Spoof That Wasn't Funny
- Recent Federal Court Decisions Revitalize the Government's Civil Enforcement Power Under FIRREA
White-Collar Criminal Defense, Corporate Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
Individuals and corporations may unwittingly run afoul of the law and government regulations. Ordinary commercial disputes can give rise to allegations of fraud and abuse. Grand jury subpoenas may be directed at innocent targets and present logistical record-gathering challenges for legitimate business. Clients who find themselves accused of Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse, environmental crimes, securities law violations, criminal tax fraud, fraud in government procurement, criminal antitrust and RICO violations, trade espionage and a variety of business-related offenses, require experienced counsel who understand the legal and professional ramifications of such acquisitions and procedures.
Range of Services
Our criminal defense lawyers represent both individuals and corporations facing state and/or federal allegations of criminal and professional misconduct. We have worked closely with financial institutions, corporate entities and their corresponding regulatory agencies to manage these challenges, whether they be suspension or disbarment, individual tax controversies or criminal prosecution. Our lawyers frequently have worked with clients involved in high-profile investigations, and we understand the special circumstances of media exposure.
Our practice also includes internal investigations. We have designed and overseen the implementation of corporate compliance programs, representing whistleblowers and defending qui tam lawsuits.