Danielle M. Dwyer practices in the area of labor and employment law. She has represented clients from a broad array of industries including, healthcare, gaming, non-profit, manufacturing, food service, telecommunications, and pharmaceutical.
Ms. Dwyer has litigated federal and state discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, wrongful termination, disability, medical leave and wage and hour claims. She also has experience handling all aspects of administrative agency charges, including investigating claims, drafting responsive position statements and mediating claims.
In addition, Ms. Dwyer has counseled clients on a variety employment policies and procedures, including anti-discrimination policies, harassment avoidance policies and family and medical leave issues. She has drafted employment policies, severance agreements, arbitration agreements, and employment agreements.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Dwyer served as law clerk to the Hon. George S. Leone of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
Ms. Dwyer is a graduate of Rutgers School of Law, where she was Executive Editor of the Rutgers Law Review. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree, with highest honors, from Pennsylvania State University.
Areas of Practice
Employment and Labor Law
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Executive Editor, Rutgers Law Review
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2011
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
Stevens & Lee PC
- Associate, 2015-2018
New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division
- Law Clerk to the Hon. George S. Leone, 2014-2015
- Co-author, "New Jersey Employers Must Implement Mandatory COVID-19 Safety Protocols by November 5, 2020," Duane Morris Alert, October 30, 2020
- Co-author, "Philadelphia to Expand Emergency Sick Leave Benefits to More Workers," Duane Morris Alert, September 17, 2020
- Co-author, "New Jersey Governor Authorizes State Police to Commandeer Supplies, Property and Services from Private Entities," Duane Morris Alerts, April 6, 2020
- Co-author, "New Jersey Orders Citizens to Stay at Home Amid COVID-19 Pandemic," Duane Morris Alert, March 24, 2020
- Co-author, "New Jersey Expands Reach of Law Against Discrimination and Enforcement Powers," Duane Morris Alert, March 10, 2020
- Co-author, "Coronavirus and the Workplace: A Quick Reference Guide for Employers," Duane Morris Alert, March 5, 2020
- Co-author, "New Jersey Wage and Hour Resolutions for 2020 – Added Incentives for Compliance," Duane Morris Alert, January 16, 2020
Co-author, "New Jersey Introduces Employment Protections for Medical Marijuana Users," Duane Morris Alert, July 22, 2019
Co-author, "EEOC Announces Employers Must Report 2017 and 2018 EEO-1 Pay Data by September 30," Duane Morris Alert, May 6, 2019
Co-author, "New Jersey Appellate Division Finds Employee Stated Viable Claim Against Employer for Failure to Accommodate Off-Duty Use of Medicinal Marijuana," Duane Morris Alert, May 1, 2019
Co-author, "United States Supreme Court Rules That Class Arbitration Must Be Expressly Authorized," Duane Morris Alert, April 29, 2019
Co-author, "Federal Court Reinstates EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting Requirement," Duane Morris Alert, March 12, 2019
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "State Law Updates, Including COVID-19 Workplace Laws and Regulations," The New Reality of Workplace Law and Practice in the COVID-19 Era, Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, November 12, 2020
Co-presenter, "You've Been Served – What Now? Strategies for Analyzing and Responding to Employment Discrimination Complaints," Celesq AttorneysEd Center, September 19, 2019
Speaker, "Nipping Retaliation Claims in the Bud," Duane Morris' Developments in Workplace Law and Practice, Philadelphia, May 7, 2019