Darrick M. Mix
Duane Morris LLP
30 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-4196
Phone: +1 215 979 1206
Fax: +1 215 405 2906
Darrick M. Mix concentrates his practice in the areas of securities offerings and compliance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. He has experience representing private and public companies in connection with their capital-raising activities, including private placements and public offerings of equity and debt securities. Mr. Mix also advises public companies with respect to SEC regulations, governance issues and other corporate and securities law matters. He has substantial experience representing private and public companies in selling and acquiring businesses.
Mr. Mix is a 1997 graduate, with honors, of the Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where he served as executive editor of the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, and a graduate of Georgetown University.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Securities Law
- Represented American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARCP), a NASDAQ-traded real estate investment trust (REIT), in its $3.2 billion "reverse" merger to acquire American Realty Capital Trust III, Inc., a "non-traded" REIT. The deal is structured as a cash-election merger in which the cash portion of the consideration will be limited to 30% of the aggregate merger consideration. The combined company is expected to rank among the five largest triple net lease REITs in the United States.
- Represented Lehigh Gas Partners LP (NYSE: LGP), a wholesale motor fuel distributor, in connection with its $138 million initial public offering.
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 1994
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1997
- Executive Editor, Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution
- Co-author, "NASDAQ Proposes Listing Rules Relating to Compensation Committees," Duane Morris Alert, October 12, 2012
- Co-author, "NYSE Proposes Listing Standards Relating to Compensation Committee Member Independence and Compensation Committee Advisers," Duane Morris Alert, October 2, 2012
- Co-author, "SEC Rule Proposal Would Permit Public Offerings in "Private Placements" and Facilitate Capital Formation," Duane Morris Alert, September 13, 2012
- Co-author, "SEC Adopts Rules on Independence of Compensation Committees and Compensation Advisers; New Listing Standards to Be Proposed by September 25, 2012," Duane Morris Alert, June 27, 2012
- Co-author, "JOBS Act Enacted, Imposes Substantial Deregulation on the Mechanics of Securities Offerings," Duane Morris Alert, April 13, 2012
- Co-author, "SEC Proposals for Compensation Committees and Compensation Advisers," Duane Morris Alert, April 25, 2011