Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris London Adds Corporate Partner Saionton Basu
- Duane Morris Partner George J. Nemphos named 2014 Power Player by Baltimore SmartCEO
- Duane Morris Partner Richard Jaffe Elected Vice Chair of the Association for Corporate Growth Global Board of Directors
- Duane Morris Attorneys Michael Clark, Joseph Burton and Charles Harrell, P.C. to Speak at the Internal Corporate Investigations and Forum for In-House Counsel Program
- Duane Morris General Counsel Michael Silverman to Speak at the 13th Annual Legal Malpractice and Risk Management Conference
- Duane Morris Partner Joel Ephross to Speak at "Mastering Acquisitions and Buyouts" Seminar
- Stock Tips: Inside the New Exchange Listing Standards
- Wall Street Sales Tax Reintroduced on Capitol Hill: Likely a Significant Impact on Private Investment Funds
- 3 Tips for Limiting Liability in the Digital Age
Mergers and Acquisitions
Regardless of a company's size or industry, or how it may be affected by market fluctuations or shifting economic conditions, all businesses looking to grow and thrive have only one choice - to evolve.
Whether an active acquirer, an entity targeted for acquisition, or part of an organization poised for a restructuring, the results achieved by your legal representation at this critical juncture will have a great effect on the success of the transaction.
At Duane Morris, our corporate attorneys are experienced in developing and implementing creative strategies to help maximize value and position our clients as advantageously as possible, whether they are a buyer, a seller, lender or intermediary. We regularly guide both early-stage and mature companies through challenging periods, whether negotiated acquisition or divestiture, hostile acquisition or defense against a takeover attempt. Our counsel to public and private companies alike is aimed at structuring transactions and helping maximize leverage to meet our clients' immediate needs and long-term business goals.
Duane Morris attorneys practicing in major markets across the U.S. and in London represent clients in both U.S.-based and transnational transactions. We create multidisciplinary teams customized to clients' needs, comprised of lawyers skilled in areas ranging from tax and bankruptcy to intellectual property and real estate to labor, benefits and environmental law and, of course, litigation. Duane Morris attorneys have experience representing acquirers, targets, and financial advisors in both negotiated and hostile transactions.
Many of our firm's attorneys have years of industry-specific experience (such as banking, financial services and insurance) and bring that experience to bear in their efforts for current clients. Businesses in a wide range of industries rely on Duane Morris to structure, negotiate and consummate their transactions in ways that are in compliance with, or rely on exemptions from, numerous state/federal/regulatory regimes including antitrust and securities laws. Of course, change in control transactions in highly regulated industries require careful planning and precise execution to receive necessary government approvals and clearances.