John F. L'Esperance practices in the areas of immigration and nationality law. He provides U.S. and global companies with a full range of immigration and naturalization legal services, including labor certification applications, immigrant visa petitions and applications to adjust status or for consular processing, as well as nonimmigrant visa petitions for new-hire employees, intracompany transferees and specialty occupations. Among Mr. L'Esperance’s clients are technology companies, including one of the world’s leading developers and providers of information-infrastructure technology. He also represents foundations, universities, hospitals and healthcare institutions, including the Devereux Foundation.
Mr. L'Esperance is a graduate of District of Columbia School of Law and a graduate of Castleton State College.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality Law
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia School of Law, J.D.
- Castleton State College, B.S.B.A.
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2010-present
- Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP
- Senior Associate, 2005-2010
- Baumann DeSeve & Landau
- Associate, 2000-2005
- Law Offices of John F. L'Esperance
- Solo Practitioner, 1996-1999
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers, 2015
- Listed in Global Directory of Who’s Who, 2011
- Co-author, "USCIS Completes Data Entry of Fiscal Year 2016 H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions Via Computer-Generated Process," Duane Morris Alert, May 4, 2015
- Author, "Fiscal Year 2014 H-1B Cap Season," Duane Morris Alert, February 11, 2013
- Author, "Fiscal Year 2013 H-1B Cap Update: Count as of May 25, 2012," Duane Morris Alert, May 31, 2012
- Author, "Fiscal Year 2013 H-1B Cap Update," Duane Morris Alert, May 23, 2012
- Co-author, "Fiscal Year 2013 H-1B Cap Count as of May 11, 2012," Duane Morris Alert, May 18, 2012
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Immigration Options Post-Graduation," St. Thomas University in Miami, November 20, 2014