Mark A. Bradford is a trial attorney who has favorably resolved matters and prevailed on behalf of his clients in federal and state courts throughout the United States. Mr. Bradford has experience in a wide range of reinsurance, insurance, commercial, class action, insolvency, professional liability and employment matters.
Mr. Bradford is a 2004 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law, where he was Symposium Editor for the University of Illinois Law Review and elected to the Order of the Coif, and a graduate of the University of Illinois.
Areas of Practice
- Reinsurance Dispute Resolution
- Insurance Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- First chaired federal jury trial, obtained zero liability verdict and successfully petitioned for a post-trial award of fees on behalf of industrial property owner.
- First chaired bench trial on contract claim and obtained judgment better than final pre-trial offer.
- First chaired federal evidentiary hearing and obtained sanctions on behalf of client against lawyer who filed frivolous racketeering complaint.
- Member of victorious trial team that obtained zero liability award against multi-million claim pursued by bankruptcy trustee.
- Represented major reinsurance company in defense and resolution of class actions.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2004
- Symposium Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Illinois, B.S., 2001
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2014-present
- DLA Piper
- Senior Associate, 2008-2014
- Locke, Lord, Bissell & Liddell LLP
- Associate, 2004-2008
Honors and Awards
- Selected as an Emerging Lawyer, Emerging Lawyers, 2015
- The Lawyers Club of Chicago
- President, 2014-2015
- Secretary-Treasurer, 2013-2014
- Board of Directors, 2012-present
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Chicago Legal Prep Mentorship Program
- Team Coordinator, 2012-2014
- University of Illinois Law Alumni Association
- President, 2007-2012