Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Practice Groups Receive Top Rankings from U.S. News-Best Lawyers for 2014
- Duane Morris Partner Kenneth M. Argentieri Named Pittsburgh Office Managing Partner
- New Pittsburgh Leader at Duane Morris
- Duane Morris Partner Nolan Atkinson, Jr. to Moderate the "Relationship 911: When the Price Tag for Litigation is not as Advertised" Panel at the 2014 MCCA CLE Expo
- Duane Morris Partner Michael Swit to Speak at the CFPA's Generic Drug Approvals Course
- Duane Morris Partner Robert Hopkins to Speak at ACI's 3rd Annual Forum on "Admiralty & Maritime Claims and Litigation"
- Duane Morris Attorney Michael Swit to Speak at "Understanding Crucial Issues in the 510(k) Process" Webinar
- Duane Morris Attorney Michael Swit to Moderate at the 11th BVS La Jolla Biotech Day Celebration
- FACT Act Promises Transparency in Bankruptcy Trust Claims and Payments for Asbestos Exposure
- FDA Proposed Rule Would Require Generics to Update Label Warnings Even Before Branded Pharmaceuticals Do
- Supreme Court Holds FDCA Preempts Common Law Design-Defect Claim Against Generic Drugs
Products Liability and Toxic Torts
Clients, ranging from some of the world's largest manufacturers and insurance companies to startup companies and individual inventors, turn to Duane Morris for counsel and representation regarding products liability and toxic torts. Duane Morris has for many years worked with clients to develop cost containment and strategic litigation plans resulting in high-level representation without fear of wildly escalating costs.
Duane Morris has many lawyers with extensive trial experience in the products liability and toxic torts arenas. As one of the 100 largest law firms in the world, Duane Morris utilizes industry-leading technology and IT professionals to efficiently and effectively handle client data needs through secure extranets and other means. In addition, our firm's breadth of capabilities and geographic footprint help us to assist clients with issues touching a range of legal disciplines in jurisdictions across the United States and around the world.
Duane Morris' experience includes product class actions, mass tort defense, and service on clients' national trial teams in federal, state and multidistrict litigation. In fact, we serve as National Coordinating Counsel (NCC) for huge, multinational manufacturers, and our lawyers have been published and quoted on best practices regarding the use of NCC.
The firm has working relationships with an extensive group of well qualified, independent and trial-tested consultants and expert witnesses, as well as experience in developing experts, and handling Daubert and Frye hearings in multiple jurisdictions. Our trial lawyers also work arm-in-arm with our Appellate Practice Group to provide sophisticated approaches to appellate issues faced by our clients in products liability matters.
Range of Services
Our lawyers have defended a wide variety of products manufactured, distributed, sold or insured by our clients. We also counsel clients on regulatory, labeling, packaging and marketing issues to help manage risk and avoid litigation. We advise clients on product safety compliance, reporting, recalls and penalty proceedings before the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and their state counterparts, and other regulatory agencies.
Range of Experience
Areas in which our attorneys have experience include:
Food, Drugs and Medical Devices
- Dietary supplements
- Diet drugs
- Medical devices
- Surgical implants
- Surgical tools
- Orthopedic devices
- Hospital equipment and medical supplies
- Clinical and genetic laboratory testing
- Dental devices and equipment
- Food and food processing
- Sporting goods
- Recreational equipment
- Weapons and body armor
- Hair care and cosmetics
- Amorphous silica
- Chemicals, paints and coatings
- Cleaners and degreasers
- Ground Water Contamination
Vehicles and Equipment
- Automobiles, trucks and their components
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment
- Energy generation equipment
- Construction and farm equipment
- Printing equipment
- Heating equipment
- Industrial equipment