Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Special Counsel Michael Swit Explores "Ensuring Compliance with Advertising and Promotional Requirements for Drugs and Medical Devices"
- Duane Morris New York and Philadelphia Offices Add Trial Team Stephen Sussman and Susan V. Metcalfe
- Duane Morris Partner James "J." Ferrelli Reappointed As Chair of New Jersey State Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education Advisory Committee
- Duane Morris Special Counsel Michael Swit to Present at Drug Information Association 49th Annual Meeting
- Duane Morris Partner Philip Matthews to Discuss "Trigger, Allocation, Non-Products, Deductibles, Number of Occurrences, Asbestos Reserves, and Beyond: Key Insurance Issues Impacting Asbestos Coverage"
- Duane Morris Special Counsel Michael Swit to Present "The Gamechanger: Analyzing the Legal and Business Impact of the Generic Drug User Fee Amendments"
- Duane Morris Special Counsel Michael Swit to Participate in FDA-OCRA Educational Conference
- Duane Morris Partners Jonathan Armstrong and Steven Richman to Present at Successfully Navigating Hazardous Waters: The Third Conference on Transatlantic Deals and Disputes
- Duane Morris Special Counsel Michael Swit to Discuss "Key Issues in FDA & FTC Regulation of Dietary Supplements"
- Automation Systems and Product Liability: Best Practices
- "Every Breath" Theory: On Its Last Breaths?
- International Contracts: What Practitioners Need to Know
Products Liability and Toxic Torts
Clients, ranging from some of the world's largest manufacturers and insurance companies to startup companies and individual inventors, turn to Duane Morris for counsel and representation regarding products liability and toxic torts. Duane Morris has for many years worked with clients to develop cost containment and strategic litigation plans resulting in high-level representation without fear of wildly escalating costs.
Duane Morris has many, many lawyers with extensive trial experience in the products liability and toxic torts arenas. As one of the 100 largest law firms in the world, Duane Morris utilizes industry-leading technology and IT professionals to efficiently and effectively handle client data needs through secure extranets and other means. In addition, our firm's breadth of capabilities and geographic footprint help us to assist clients with issues touching a range of legal disciplines in jurisdictions across the United States and around the world.
Duane Morris' experience includes product class actions, mass tort defense, and service on clients' national trial teams in federal, state and multidistrict litigation. In fact, we serve as National Coordinating Counsel (NCC) for huge, multinational manufacturers, and our lawyers have been published and quoted on best practices regarding the use of NCC.
The firm has working relationships with an extensive group of well qualified, independent and trial-tested consultants and expert witnesses, as well as experience in developing experts, and handling Daubert and Frye hearings in multiple jurisdictions. Our trial lawyers also work arm-in-arm with our Appellate Practice Group to provide sophisticated approaches to appellate issues faced by our clients in products liability matters.
Range of Services
Our lawyers have defended a wide variety of products manufactured, distributed, sold or insured by our clients. We also counsel clients on regulatory, labeling, packaging and marketing issues to help manage risk and avoid litigation. We advise clients on product safety compliance, reporting, recalls and penalty proceedings before the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and their state counterparts, and other regulatory agencies.
Range of Experience
Areas in which our attorneys have experience include:
Food, Drugs and Medical Devices
- Dietary supplements
- Diet drugs
- Medical devices
- Surgical implants
- Surgical tools
- Orthopedic devices
- Hospital equipment and medical supplies
- Clinical and genetic laboratory testing
- Dental devices and equipment
- Food and food processing
- Sporting goods
- Recreational equipment
- Weapons and body armor
- Hair care and cosmetics
- Amorphous silica
- Chemicals, paints and coatings
- Cleaners and degreasers
- Ground Water Contamination
Vehicles and Equipment
- Automobiles, trucks and their components
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment
- Energy generation equipment
- Construction and farm equipment
- Printing equipment
- Heating equipment
- Industrial equipment