Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Receives 61 Attorney and 19 Practice Citations for Excellence from Chambers USA
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie M. Chang Elected to the NAPABA Board of Governors
- Duane Morris Practice Groups Receive Top Rankings from U.S. News-Best Lawyers for 2014
- Duane Morris Partner Max Stern to Moderate Panel at the American Conference Institute's National Forum on Insurance Allocation
- Duane Morris Partner Dominica Anderson to Speak at the PIAA Corporate Counsel Workshop
- Duane Morris Partner Tomas Thompson to Speak on "Data Privacy" at the 2014 CALSMposium
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to Speak at ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section's Spring Conference
- Pennsylvania Mechanics' Lien Law Amended, Clarifying Open-End Construction Loan Mortgage Priority
- Report to NAIC on Captives: The Controversy About Principle-Based Reserves and Captives Continues
- Attorneys' Fees as Covered Costs, Damages, or Loss
Insurance & Reinsurance
"A leading firm with excellent coverage attorneys and a wonderful client base."
"Sources say: 'Very bright lawyers whose work is of very high quality.'"
"A strong group of lawyers who are excellent representatives of the industry."
— Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business
Duane Morris' Insurance and Reinsurance practice is a recognized leader in its field, among the true elite of law firms representing insurers' interests nationally. Our "deep and talented group" (Chambers) has received both a top-tier ranking in insurance law from U.S. News / Best Lawyers and was ranked by Chambers as being among the top six law firms in the United States for representation of Insurers in Insurance Dispute Resolution. The Legal 500 also describes Duane Morris as "one of the top international law firms for insurance coverage disputes."
The Duane Morris Insurance and Reinsurance practice has more than 100 attorneys working in or through the firm's offices nationwide, including handling insurance cases from our offices in California (San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Lake Tahoe), Delaware (Wilmington), Florida (Miami), Georgia (Atlanta), Illinois (Chicago), Massachusetts (Boston), Nevada (Las Vegas), New York (NYC), New Jersey (Newark, Cherry Hill), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh), Texas (Houston), and Washington, D.C., as well as internationally in London and Singapore. Chambers USA describes the geographic scope of our practice this way: "A dominant footprint on the West Coast affords this well-regarded firm a healthy national presence in the full range of insurer-side coverage disputes."
We handle the full range of insurance matters, from the routine to the most complex, and have a depth of experience in the field that is unsurpassed in the United States. Led by a core practice representing commercial liability insurers in general, excess and professional lines, we also vigorously represent clients operating in all lines of the insurance and reinsurance business, including property and casualty, life, accident and health, management and professional liability, financial lines, surety and financial guaranty.
Duane Morris represents insurers in each of the stages of company life-cycle, from initial formation, licensing and drafting policies for start-ups, through financial and market conduct examinations, regulatory advice and litigation for market leaders, and even acquisitions and other changes in control and insolvency matters. The firm has established niches in efficiently and successfully managing run-off exposures. We represent many of the leading insurers in the U.S., and we have extensive experience with the particular issues of UK and other European insurers — as Chambers USA observes: "The practice is also deeply respected for the work it carries out in relation to the London market."
Some areas of focus include:
- Asbestos/Pollution/Health Hazard
- Bad Faith Defense
- Corporate and Regulatory
- Directors & Officers
- General Liability — Primary and Excess
- Professional Liability
- Rehabilitation, Liquidation & Insolvency
- Specialty Lines
For More Information
For more information regarding Duane Morris' Insurance and Reinsurance litigation practice, please contact Max H. Stern, Brian A. Kelly, or any of the practice members referenced in the Attorney Listing.
For more information regarding Duane Morris' Corporate and Regulatory Insurance practice, please contact Alice T. Kane, Cameron F. MacRae III, Hugh T. McCormick, Elizabeth W. Powers or any of the practice members referenced in the Attorney Listing.