Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris' Lauren DeBruicker to Be Presented with 2013 Champion in the Community Award for Leadership on Disability Issues
- Duane Morris Partners Richard Seabolt and Terrance Evans Appointed Leadership Roles Within the Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Duane Morris Establishes Super Storm Sandy Economic and Community Development Group; Will Work in Concert with Duane Morris Government Strategies
- Duane Morris Partner Philip Matthews to Discuss "Trigger, Allocation, Non-Products, Deductibles, Number of Occurrences, Asbestos Reserves, and Beyond: Key Insurance Issues Impacting Asbestos Coverage"
- Duane Morris Partner Frank Luchak to Discuss "Marcellus Shale and Supply Chain 101"
- Duane Morris Partner Hugh McCormick to Explore "SPRV's and ART Solutions—Risk Transfer and Innovation"
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to be Installed as President of Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
- Principle-Based Reserves & SPVs: Regulatory Developments
- HHS Issues Final Rules on Essential Health Benefits, Federal and Partnership Exchange Qualified Health Plan Accreditation Timeline and Actuarial Value
- Looking Back on Appeals That Made a Difference
Insurance and Reinsurance
"A leading firm with excellent coverage attorneys and a wonderful client base."
"A strong group of lawyers who are excellent representatives of the industry."
— Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2011
Duane Morris' Insurance and Reinsurance practice is a recognized leader in its field, among the true elite of law firms representing insurers' interests nationally. Our "deep and talented group" (Chambers) has received both a top-tier ranking in insurance law from U.S. News / Best Lawyers and was ranked by Chambers as being among the top six law firms in the United States for representation of Insurers in Insurance Dispute Resolution.
The Duane Morris Insurance and Reinsurance practice has more than 100 attorneys working in or through the firm's offices nationwide, including handling insurance cases from our offices in California (San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Lake Tahoe), Delaware (Wilmington), Florida (Miami), Georgia (Atlanta), Illinois (Chicago), Massachusetts (Boston), Nevada (Las Vegas), New York (NYC), New Jersey (Newark, Cherry Hill), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh), Texas (Houston), and Washington, D.C., as well as internationally in London and Singapore. Chambers USA describes the geographic scope of our practice this way: "A dominant footprint on the West Coast affords this well-regarded firm a healthy national presence in the full range of insurer-side coverage disputes."
We handle the full range of insurance matters, from the routine to the most complex, and have a depth of experience in the field that is unsurpassed in the United States. Led by a core practice representing commercial liability insurers in general, excess and professional lines, we also vigorously represent clients operating in all lines of the insurance and reinsurance business, including property and casualty, life, accident and health, management and professional liability, financial lines, surety and financial guaranty.
Duane Morris represents insurers in each of the stages of company life-cycle, from initial formation, licensing and drafting policies for start-ups, through financial and market conduct examinations, regulatory advice and litigation for market leaders, and even acquisitions and other changes in control and insolvency matters. The firm has established niches in efficiently and successfully managing run-off exposures. We represent many of the leading insurers in the U.S., and we have extensive experience with the particular issues of UK and other European insurers — as Chambers USA observes: "The practice is also deeply respected for the work it carries out in relation to the London market."
Some areas of focus include:
- Asbestos/Pollution/Health Hazard
- Bad Faith Defense
- Corporate and Regulatory
- Directors & Officers
- General Liability — Primary and Excess
- Professional Liability
- Rehabilitation, Liquidation & Insolvency
- Specialty Lines
For More Information
For more information regarding Duane Morris' Insurance and Reinsurance litigation practice, please contact Max H. Stern, Brian A. Kelly, or any of the practice members referenced in the Attorney Listing.
For more information regarding Duane Morris' Corporate and Regulatory Insurance practice, please contact Alice T. Kane, Cameron F. MacRae III, Hugh T. McCormick, Elizabeth W. Powers, Robert L. Pratter or any of the practice members referenced in the Attorney Listing.